Thoughts on Wayne County WMAs???

Bushape

Not looking for inside info or even tips. Just curious if there is an overall consensus on them?

arctic_cat

Been many years since I hunted Eagle Creek but it can be a good place to hunt. A lot of steep hollers so get ready to put the work in. Use to be a lot of logging that goes on, a lot of cutovers to hunt and thick stuff after it starts to grow back. North side of it is about a mile from our lease. They just cut some of it the last few years. I'm sure it's pretty covered up with people these days like most wma's are but it has enough land to get away if your willing to put the miles on the boots

Savage Knight

It's been several years since I've gotten to go but back when I was single and working swings. I went to Wayne co almost every other weekend during gun season! (It took me 4 1/2hrs each way) we started hunting Eagle creek but later found our way around to Arnold Hollow. One year I found a place the weekend before Christmas, I showed it to my uncle which him and my cousin stayed the entire week. He killed a little 4pt out of the spot I showed him. The following weekend I talked my boss into letting me leave early, I had just enough time to go home take a 2hr nap throw my junk in the jeep and head out! I pulled up on the ridge top just before daylight and was getting dressed as it was breaking daylight, a truck full of guys pulled up and the headed down the ridge next to me in the direction I was planning to go. I made my way back around to the place my uncle hunted the weekend before and I wasn't there even 15minutes when the the biggest buck I have ever killed came walkin through the hollow. It took me over 5hrs to drag him out by myself! I was in pure shock the entire time! And I didn't let anyone know until I got back home that evening and nobody knew why I canceled my trip until they looked in the back 😝 he was an almost PERFECT 8pt scored 138", he is or was in the tndeer trophy room under Wayne co if we still have that

Latest posts