Thoughts on a used Remington 700 ML

DaveB

I have an opportunity to pick one up at a very good price.

Could use some input on accuracy, anything at all.

Thanks

GMB54

The original Rem700ML?

Pretty good rifle with a Hunter bolt nose kit upgrade. Most Rem700 SA upgrades fit such as stocks, scope mounts and triggers.

soggybottom

I have two that are original no work done to them.
One I shoot Great Plains out of and the other will shoot just about anything I put down the barrel.
I did have to adjusts to trigger on both.
I'm getting 1" grouping on average with both.

GMB54

The thing is though they are still a "slam fire" type plunger rifle until you install the Hunter bolt nose conversion. After the conversion they are a sealed breach system capable of reliably igniting Blackhorn209 powder. Im pretty sure Hunter still sells and installs the kits. Badger Ridge industries does also.

Huge difference in how clean they shoot after the conversion but if you like cleaning crud out of your breach and bolt internals...i guess that is fine too.

276405114.jpg

[youtube]ELohSHuJkGA[/youtube]

jejeffrries71

More accurate than my Marlin 30-30 and at greater ranges. Upgrade the bolt conversion thing the others discussed above. Very good shooter.

Chief44

I had one of the originals. I had a little trouble at first finding a load it liked. I finally figured out it liked the longer heavier bullets and settled on the 300gr xtp. It was an awesome shooter once I figured it out. I've wished more than once that I still had it.

Tiny

Had 2 of the 1st between me n mu Uncle only thing either shot was Barnes Expanders..Both since sold ..

Wiley

Barnes 300gr Expanders over 100gr of loose Pyrodex Select will shoot holes touching at 100 yards all day long. Be sure to clean the bolt innards after shooting sessions or before putting it away for the season. The Hunter bolt conversion is a huge upgrade.

Latest posts