This Shot

Dbllunger

My thoughts? You can't fix stupid. Unfortunately this person thinks he knows everything and won't be told otherwise. You can not argue with people like this. Your options were turn around and walk the other way without saying anything or simply say "Your an idiot" and turn and walk away. I would favor the second option.

All that being said, I did make that shot three years ago. The difference is that it was an ACCIDENT. I released and the deer reacted and started to spin and bolt away and the arrow caught it between the eyes. Very deadly but I would NEVER do it intentionally.

dsa5455

I've never seen someone shoot a deer like that. I would think the arrow could easily veer off the hard skull and injure this deer. He shot it with a Xbow and looks like it didn't even make it through the other side. I would not try this shot with a bow. That looks pretty gruesome.

Urban_Hunter

dsa5455 said:
I've never seen someone shoot a deer like that. I would think the arrow could easily veer off the hard skull and injure this deer. He shot it with a Xbow and looks like it didn't even make it through the other side. I would not try this shot with a bow. That looks pretty gruesome.

x2... Even given this idiots exaggerated accuracy, the scull could easily deflect an arrow that didn't hit it square. It's like trying to shoot a ball, have to hit it perfectly square or it will veer. Could leave the animal blind, broken jaw, broken snout, etc etc...

If he is as accurate as he says... what is his fear of the chest shot? He should be able to double lung through the heart every time? Should be a bang flop either way.

Boll Weevil

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he's already "missed" other deer this year. There's just absolutely NO margin for error; very irresponsible in my opinion.

catman529

Poser said:
Urban_Hunter said:
dsa5455 said:

x2... Even given this idiots exaggerated accuracy, the scull could easily deflect an arrow that didn't hit it square. It's like trying to shoot a ball, have to hit it perfectly square or it will veer. Could leave the animal blind, broken jaw, broken snout, etc etc...

If he is as accurate as he says... what is his fear of the chest shot? He should be able to double lung through the heart every time? Should be a bang flop either way.

He said that this shot is a "meat saver"
does he even butcher his own deer?

Urban_Hunter

A "meat saver"?

What meat? Does he eat the lungs? What an idiot. As others have said, there is no arguing with someone this stupid. Reasoning with someone does not work with a person incapable of rational thoughts. The only meat I can even imagine that may be disturbed is the ribs... and only a tiny section at that. I seriously doubt he messes with the ribs anyways as most do not. Just....wow......

catman529

Urban_Hunter said:
A "meat saver"?

What meat? Does he eat the lungs? What an idiot. As others have said, there is no arguing with someone this stupid. Reasoning with someone does not work with a person incapable of rational thoughts. The only meat I can even imagine that may be disturbed is the ribs... and only a tiny section at that. I seriously doubt he messes with the ribs anyways as most do not. Just....wow......
yep I've eaten a couple racks of deer ribs with arrow holes in them. No meat wasted there!

BSK

Even with a gun 99.9% of people can't make that shot consistently enough, in field conditions, to warrant head shots.

DaveB

I accidentally hit a doe in the lower jaw with a 150 grain partiton at about 60 yards. I still hear that deer squalling pain. Head shots are doable, just not worth it.

TLRanger

I would bet a hundred dollars to a donut that shot was an accident. The guy just didn't want to admit it so he claimed that was his MO. I occasionally shoot a deer in the head with a rifle if the correct shot presents itself but it is rare. Would not even think about it with any kind of archery equipment.

Pic IN the Casa

TLRanger said:
I would bet a hundred dollars to a donut that shot was an accident. The guy just didn't want to admit it so he claimed that was his MO. I occasionally shoot a deer in the head with a rifle if the correct shot presents itself but it is rare. Would not even think about it with any kind of archery equipment.

Exactly what I was thinking.

BSK

Once, I killed a doe with an arrow to the back of the head. But I sure as heck wasn't TRYING to hit her in the back of the head. It just happened.

Latest posts