This is what im talking about

Boll Weevil

How'd you carry that many strutter decoys in there, REN?

That's super; you're gonna have a stellar season...looking forward to the dead turkey photos!

REN

well i went to the same spot this morning and watched 56 hens fly down and 1 LB hahah he was strutting so hard!!

now trying to figure out how the heck you try and work a single LB off a group of 50+ hens HA

Boll Weevil

Grizzly Johnson said:
Run in an bust the flock up before daylight..... call him back after flydown time.... daylight.
Even better...the evening before. This has worked for me SEVERAL times when dealing with henned-up birds early in the season. I've never seen gobblers so desperate as the morning after going to bed without their hens close by.

Grizzly Johnson

Boll Weevil said:
Grizzly Johnson said:
Run in an bust the flock up before daylight..... call him back after flydown time.... daylight.
Even better...the evening before. This has worked for me SEVERAL times when dealing with henned-up birds early in the season. I've never seen gobblers so desperate as the morning after going to bed without their hens close by.

REN, I may just try this on "that" turkey from last year we chased..... if I can get him roosted on his ridge the night before.

REN

Yeah the problem with that method with this spot is if they fly in 2 directions of the 4 possible I can't hunt them. Also there is a huge creek that splits their roost and they go a certain Way it makes it much harder to hunt them.

Latest posts