What a opening weekend!

timberjack86

Had a misfire on a Tom yesterday at 40 yards went home changed ammo and patterned my gun. Got to the lease early this morning had 1 come in gobbling all the way! Got behind some brush at about 30 yards spitting and drumming. He never saw the hen and went back the way he came. Had an excellent weekend and never fired a shot! Actually glad I haven't tagged a bird yet!

Iglow

Had a misfire on a Tom yesterday at 40 yards went home changed ammo and patterned my gun. Got to the lease early this morning had 1 come in gobbling all the way! Got behind some brush at about 30 yards spitting and drumming. He never saw the hen and went back the way he came. Had an excellent weekend and never fired a shot! Actually glad I haven't tagged a bird yet!
I had one behind my pop up strutting and all for 30 min, I couldn't get a shot , arrow had zero chance to get there. No matter what he would not come in front of the blind! He angled off and went on his way, that was 1 of 4 close calls this weekend with bow and gun. I'm off all week so we'll see.

CrossVolle

yesterday was the best turkey hunting i have ever experienced with all the outside weather factors that came together. I laid out this morning but cannot imagine it was not on fire again. Back at it in a new area tomorrow morning. Long haul but gonna get in there and see if something wants to get stupid.

megalomaniac

Once you get to the point where you can appreciate the hunt without the kill like you did... and still want more, well THEN you are becoming a real turkey hunter.

I didn't even carry a gun today. Worked 11 birds, some played fair, most did not. I saw 1 devil I might consider using my last tag on, but not till end of season.

timberjack86

I understand that completely. I did get one this morning, but now I'm seriously contemplating not shooting another unless it's a lifetime-memory, classic hunt.

I want as many experiences like yours as I can get this spring.
Yep, I understand people have obligations and want to tag out but for me I don't want to wait another year to hunt. My kids have lost interest and most of my buddies kids dont hunt so I just try to milk it for all its worth. Especially since I have some turkeys to hunt. Nothing like it when they act right lol

Latest posts