this is a place for all you relic hunters

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
I actually stopped in there the last time I was there. It sure is a neat place with lots of stuff to collect. Sure wished I had a few dollars I would had got something.

Rebel

I really would like to get up there too. I had a relative that was captured in the battle at Fort Donelson in 1862. He was taken to Camp Morton in Indiana. He died a few months later of dysentery. That place was every bit as bad as Andersonville. RIP Allen O'Briant.

nbforrest#3

Rebel said:
I really would like to get up there too. I had a relative that was captured in the battle at Fort Donelson in 1862. He was taken to Camp Morton in Indiana. He died a few months later of dysentery. That place was every bit as bad as Andersonville. RIP Allen O'Briant.

Was in in the 4th mississippi infantry?

Rebel

Sure was. He was a private. Enlisted at Grenada. Trained at Corinth before heading up to Fort Donelson. Captured in Feb. of '62. We've got copies of letters from his dad requesting permission to come up and claim the body... The yankees never allowed it though.

Rebel

Sure was. He was a private. Enlisted at Grenada. Trained at Corinth before heading up to Fort Donelson. Captured in Feb. of '62. We've got copies of letters from his dad requesting permission to come up and claim the body... The yankees never allowed it though.

Latest posts