Thinking about a Power pole anchoring system

woodyard

Anyone have any of the different systems and how do you like yours?
Setting out fishing today , I have about convinced myself that I might want to add these to the boat. It seems like the wind is whipping all the time now and it would be pretty easy to punch a button and hold the boat. I rarely want to fool with anchors and ropes and getting them in and out anymore.

batten_down

Do it. Money well spent. Especially if you fish shallow, I wanna say max depth is 8-10ft depending which one you get. But they sure make things easy.

If you don't have a trolling motor with a spot-lock feature, I highly recommend that too. Game changer.

FLTENNHUNTER1

Do it. Money well spent. Especially if you fish shallow, I wanna say max depth is 8-10ft depending which one you get. But they sure make things easy.

If you don't have a trolling motor with a spot-lock feature, I highly recommend that too. Game changer.
I don't have either but I was going to spend the money it would be on the trolling motor.

batten_down

I don't have either but I was going to spend the money it would be on the trolling motor.
Can't argue with that. If it's an either/or situation the trolling motor opens you up to a lot more styles of fishing for the simple fact you're not limited to a certain depth for it to be effective.

woodyard

I am thinking might need to do both tm and the power poles.
In shallow water still going to have boat moving around in the wind with just spotlock and that is where I want to be more locked down. Out in my deeper water fishing the boat moving around is not going to bother me as much when using the spotlock. I really like that self deploying aspect of the tm with a button.

My wife says might as well, you can't take it with you.

fullstream

Had one on my bay boat depending on the bottom would be how deep it would hold. Deepest I could hold with hard bottom was 5-6 soft bottom 4-5. Will definitely have 2 on my next boat as 1 will swing boat with current or wind. I had the 10ft blade

woodyard

Had one on my bay boat depending on the bottom would be how deep it would hold. Deepest I could hold with hard bottom was 5-6 soft bottom 4-5. Will definitely have 2 on my next boat as 1 will swing boat with current or wind. I had the 10ft blade
Yes. i can see where just one by itself will let you swing. I am going with an ulterra tm with spotlock and then one Minnkota Talon. See how that works and if not add another talon.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I was telling my buddy Sunday while I was trying to stay in the right spot to fish a bed I would LOVE to have a set on my boat.
Just can't afford it though.

They are the bomb, no doubt about that.

woodyard

May be next year before I can get any of these. Lol ! Ordered the trolling motor with back order to be available first week of June. Now it is end of July or later. Most of the Talons out of stock till in July.
Found the tm in stock at one outfit for $1500.00 more than everybody else. I figured I have lived without it this long I can wait.

Latest posts