These Air Rifles are as Powerful As A 22, Will it Replace Rimfire?

DaveTN

Due to cost they will never replace anything for me.
Yeah, I looked at PCP over the years. The price of some of the entry level guns is not bad, but the cost of air tanks or compressors is prohibitive, at least to me. But I guess making tanks and compressors that can do 4500 PSI is expensive.

But the ability to shoot quietly without bothering neighbors, and without having to pay the government and register would be cool.

For me it would be an addition to my firearms, not a replacement.

Kirk

I have a Benjamin Kratos in .22, Airforce Texan SS in .457 and a Sam Yang in .50 caliber. Are any of them a direct replacement for powder burner? NO.

Yes, it is very expensive to get set up for this hobby.

I like them because they are fun to shoot, quiet and not regulated by the government. However, the ATF is cracking down on the moderators that can be unscrewed and removed from the rifles. The built in moderators (full barrel non removable) don't seem to be on the radar yet. Air Rifles with no moderation are very loud.

MUP

I have a Benjamin Kratos in .22, Airforce Texan SS in .457 and a Sam Yang in .50 caliber. Are any of them a direct replacement for powder burner? NO.

I like them because they are fun to shoot, quiet and not regulated by the government. However, the ATF is cracking down on the moderators that can be unscrewed and removed from the rifles. The built in moderators (full barrel non removable) don't seem to be on the radar yet. Air Rifles with no moderation are very loud.
I'm sure the abcxyz boys are hard at work typing up a new "law" to cover air guns as we talk.

DaveTN

Years ago, I bought a Crosman Storm XT Pellet rifle. Not as loud as a .22, but loud enough it would probably get the attention of the neighbors.

I kinda thought for awhile suppressors were going to be removed from the NFA, which would bring them into a realistic price range. But I doubt anything firearms related that is positive is going to happen with the Fed right now.

Kirk

One popular after market screw on can made exclusively for PCP Airgun's was manufactured by Donny FL. Last I heard, he was on a watch list and may have been shut down by now. Californian, Neil Claque was about to meet the same fate. When you walk a thin line most of the time you don't win.

mike243

I plan on buying a break barrel 22 cal, pellets seem reasonable. I probably owned 22's that shot worse lol notice I said owned no own lol

Latest posts