Thermal hog control

Ochunter

Hogs are moving good. We are killing 7 or 8 every night we go.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1805331282.jpg
    Snapchat-1805331282.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 435

JCDEERMAN

Heck - where in middle TN? I've never seen a hog in middle TN - I have around the plateau.

I have a Pulsar Apex and love it, but have never killed anything with it. I just bought a Ruger American Rancher in 223 to put it on. It was way to heavy on my AR. Do you have a permit or something to hunt them at night?

PickettSFHunter

Wouldn't LBL be sort of considered Middle TN? I live on the Plateau in an area that has had hogs For many decades but I can tell yuh that LBL has a denser population of hogs on the Southern end than we have here even in the most dense area. It appears LBL is doing nothing to address The hog issue so get ready for a lot of hogs out that way.

JCDEERMAN

The folks that manage LBL can't tie their shoe strings correctly. I hate to even use the words "manage" and "LBL" in the same sentence

Ochunter

Yes we have permits and several large farms. Last year between me and two my buddies we eradicated 361 hogs total. We pretty much are killing hogs every weekend. Thermal hog hunting is Addictive for sure.

FTG-05

Ochunter":2al81bx3 said:
Yes we have permits and several large farms. Last year between me and two my buddies we eradicated 361 hogs total. We pretty much are killing hogs every weekend. Thermal hog hunting is Addictive for sure.

So how do we get in on that? I'd be willing to pay.

Thanks,

JCDEERMAN

Ochunter":43q0shh5 said:
Most are hog control efforts are in Jackson County.
That's where my father-in-laws place is (Jackson and Overton counties) that I was referring to. He's had a bad problem with them. I can reach out to see if he'd want that done if you want. Does the permit apply for each individual person (each person having a permit), or just the group of hunters hunting the hogs, given by the landowner? I would assume the latter. I'd love to get in on that

PickettSFHunter

You can add 10 people per permit for properties under 1000 acres. I add different people on my different permits and update annually. Some landowners sell their permit spots, not sure if legal or not but it happens a lot.

Omega

That's just over 2 hours away, so not too far, but I'd have to camp out a couple nights to insure I harvest one. I'd definitely help out in an eradication effort though, but would only need one hog for my use. I'm told that Montgomery county has some, outside LBL, but haven't heard of any in my area yet. I can wait for them to arrive though, as I don't want them here, but know it's a just matter of time.

Ochunter

We've shot same farms for years now.
We've not seen any decrease in hog numbers we just help limit the damage they do.

Latest posts