The SEC was exposed yesterday

BamaProud

OHVATN":2u633l86 said:
BamaProud":2u633l86 said:
730__26b39d3bb54f5551eb7197b883c8ab4a.jpg

The SEC has been dominating College football for over a decade and still is dominating College football.

Stop the conference nonsense. You are too smart for this.

Using the BCS era and now one year of the CFP, 17 seasons (1998-2014), and schools that are members of the $EC won 9 national championships during that era or slightly more than half. No $EC team has won since Alabama in 2012. Tennessee is an outlier, having won in 1998 the first year of the BCS era, but we know what has happened with UT since then and they have been by no means "dominating." During this 17 year period, Alabama (3), LSU (2), Florida (2) , and Auburn (1) have won national championships. There are 14 schools in the $EC. Four of those schools have won national championships in NCAA FBS football since 2006. That 4 schools or 28% of the conference have won national championships between 2006 and 2012 says that those schools had very good teams in those years, but the conference dominated nothing. Perhaps someone can provide the overall bowl record, but as Mark Twain said there are lies, ***** lies, and statistics. Alabama can make a legitimate claim to being a "dominant" power from 2006 - 2012, but none of the other schools can make a similar claim.

$EC fans are the only fans who insist on this pounding the table about the conference. I laughed that Maryland lost to Bowling Green and was hoping ttun would lose again. If I was a Sparty fan, I'd be delighted they beat Oregon, but it means nothing to me as an Ohio State fan that they did. The rest of America doesn't understand the $EC fan and your need to pump up your conference. Heck, BamaProud, your team won. Your team is the real deal. Tell me you are looking forward to a rematch with Ohio State. Give a rest to the $EC $EC $EC. It takes away from your far better team.

Just your first sentence. (17 seasons) If one Conference winning more than half of the National Championships isn't dominate I don't know what is. If the NFC had won over half the Super Bowls over a 17 year period wouldn't that be considered dominate?

Or if you played a poker tournament with 11 (that is the number of Div 1 conferences plus independents) of your friends and you won it over half the time yall played, I am pretty sure your friends would see you are the dominate player. It isn't just SEC fans maintaining that the SEC is dominant. Turn on (or read) ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC sports etc... Sure there are some deniers...but the overall sentiment is the SEC is the league to beat.

BamaProud

Also, even in those 17 seasons when the SEC didn't win it, they at least played in the last game (either BCS or final Playoff game)* 11 out of 17 years. By conference appearances in the final game of the year(final playoff or BCS title game) are as follows:
SEC - 11
Big12 -7
ACC - 4
Big10 -4
Big E - 3
Pac10 -3
Pac12 -1
Independent -1

Or SEC made 11appearances ...everyone else combined 23 appearances.
The SEC has 9 wins...everyone else combined 8 wins.
The Big10 has 2 wins
The Big12 has 2 wins
The ACC has 2 wins
The BigE has 1 win
The Pac10 has 1 win

There isn't a single conference that even comes close to the dominance of the SEC, in appearances or wins.

*The SEC didn't play in the first(2014) final playoff game, but I am treating it like the BCS final for consistency. Eliminate 2014 and include only the BCS era and the dominance is even stronger

Latest posts