The SEC was exposed yesterday

Vermin93

The SEC is looking pretty overrated this year. :stir:

2 non-conference losses:
- Arkansas lost to Toledo (MAC) :rotf:
- Tennessee lost to Oklahoma (Big 12)

Should have been 3 non-conference losses:
- Auburn should have lost to Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley Conference). Auburn saved by a 17-yd shanked punt late in the 4th quarter.

Could have been 5 non-conference losses:
- Missouri barely beat Arkansas State (Sun Belt Conference)
- Florida barely beat East Carolina (American Conference)

5 SEC teams go down yesterday:
- Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Mississippi State

9 out of 11 SEC teams did not cover the point spread yesterday. Betting on the overrated SEC was a very bad move:
Auburn - Favored by 41 pts, only won by 7 (should have lost)
Georgia - Favored by 48.5 pts only won by 17
Alabama - Favored by 34.5 pts, only won by 27
Arkansas - Favored by 22.5 pts, lost by 4 :rotf:
Tennessee - Underdog by 1.5 pts, lost by 7
Missouri - Favored by 10 pts, only won by 7
Florida - Favored by 20.5 pts, only won by 7
South Carolina - Favored by 7 pts, lost by 4
LSU - Favored by 3.5 pts, only won by 2

TreyB

Look at all of your could have and should have list... And only one lost the others lost to SEC teams except TN. You know OK would have killed ND since they had to throw a Hail Mary to beat Virginia!! :rotf:

mtn cur

:tu:
SEC in the ranks:
2. Alabama
7. Georgia
13. LSU
15. Ole Miss
17. Texas A&M
18. Auburn
22. Mizzou

Vermin93

Nice try, Trey. ND lost their starting QB and still won on the road. :super:

However, I do believe that ND will get sliced and diced by Georgia Tech next Saturday because we are not very good on defense. But, that has nothing to do with the SEC proving yesterday that the conference is top-heavy and overrated.

3 of the 5 SEC losses yesterday were in conference, but a loss is a loss. :lol:

TreyB

Vermin93":35gep8p0 said:

However, I do believe that ND will get sliced and diced by Georgia Tech next Saturday because we are not very good on defense. But, that has nothing to do with the SEC proving yesterday that the conference is top-heavy and overrated.

Even when he was playing they was getting beat...

Vermin93

TreyB":241rn5oo said:
Vermin93":241rn5oo said:

Even when he was playing they was getting beat...

When Zaire got hurt ND was up by 5 and driving with the ball on Virginia's 25 yard line.

BamaProud

730__26b39d3bb54f5551eb7197b883c8ab4a.jpg

The SEC has been dominating College football for over a decade and still is dominating College football.

Vermin93":44mt5p15 said:
SEC proving yesterday that the conference is top-heavy and overrated.

and how do propose an SEC team doesnt lose when a conference game is played?? That is the weakest arguement i have heard. You should read posts from GNB, at least it sounds good.

Wrangler95

After seeing Arkansas lose to Toledo and Auburn having to win in overtime,no SEC team can take it for granted they will beat these lesser teams.

Wrangler95

After seeing Arkansas lose to Toledo and Auburn having to win in overtime,no SEC team can take it for granted they will beat these lesser teams.

Scioto

Just as the first game didn't signify much of anything about the $EC or any other conference, neither does the second game. It was some beautiful karma, however, watching lard-arse Bert Bielema lose to Toledo. The owner of a 1-5 record vs. Ohio State talking smack about the Buckeyes should have been focused more on the Rockets. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Don't like seeing any team lose players to injury, but I couldn't help but wonder about more than a few Razorback players going down in the 4th quarter. Seeing that big load on the sideline makes me ask can a coach who looks like that have a well conditioned team? Spurrier and Mullen also got some just desserts after talking trash about other teams and conference. Focus on your own team and opponent.

Auburn should have lost to an FCS team!

$EC depth is what is overrated. By season's end and the bowl games, $EC like the other power 5 conferences will show that it too has only 2 teams at best with CFP-worthy aspirations, but only one will win the right to be in the CFP. Ultimately, it gets decided on the field.

Hysterical Vols fans reaction masks the reality that the Vols are at best a 7, maybe 8, win team. Bigger reality for the Vols fans and $EC in general is that Oklahoma is at best at 8 win team from one of those "lesser" conferences according to $EC fans!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Vermin93

Hillbilly Hunter":3gtukitt said:
Vermin93":3gtukitt said:

and how do propose an SEC team doesnt lose when a conference game is played?? That is the weakest arguement i have heard. You should read posts from GNB, at least it sounds good.

Not my problem. That's what you get for being in a conference! [emoji3]

Scioto

BamaProud":35sixtjw said:
730__26b39d3bb54f5551eb7197b883c8ab4a.jpg

The SEC has been dominating College football for over a decade and still is dominating College football.

Stop the conference nonsense. You are too smart for this.

Using the BCS era and now one year of the CFP, 17 seasons (1998-2014), and schools that are members of the $EC won 9 national championships during that era or slightly more than half. No $EC team has won since Alabama in 2012. Tennessee is an outlier, having won in 1998 the first year of the BCS era, but we know what has happened with UT since then and they have been by no means "dominating." During this 17 year period, Alabama (3), LSU (2), Florida (2) , and Auburn (1) have won national championships. There are 14 schools in the $EC. Four of those schools have won national championships in NCAA FBS football since 2006. That 4 schools or 28% of the conference have won national championships between 2006 and 2012 says that those schools had very good teams in those years, but the conference dominated nothing. Perhaps someone can provide the overall bowl record, but as Mark Twain said there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Alabama can make a legitimate claim to being a "dominant" power from 2006 - 2012, but none of the other schools can make a similar claim.

$EC fans are the only fans who insist on this pounding the table about the conference. I laughed that Maryland lost to Bowling Green and was hoping ttun would lose again. If I was a Sparty fan, I'd be delighted they beat Oregon, but it means nothing to me as an Ohio State fan that they did. The rest of America doesn't understand the $EC fan and your need to pump up your conference. Heck, BamaProud, your team won. Your team is the real deal. Tell me you are looking forward to a rematch with Ohio State. Give a rest to the $EC $EC $EC. It takes away from your far better team.

Mudbone

Vermin93":2p7naxzp said:
Hillbilly Hunter":2p7naxzp said:
Vermin93":2p7naxzp said:

Not my problem. That's what you get for being in a conference! [emoji3]

I'm gonna use vermins logic here and guess that notre dame wins their conference championship every season.

I've been an Irish fan my whole life and usually agree with ND fans about football, but dang vermin you say some ridiculous crap.

What year did you graduate from notre dame vermin, I'm thinking maybe you know my parents from school. You surely aren't a bandwagon fan as much as you hate those kind of people.

Latest posts