The curse of the Hunting Gods

catman529

It's true... what is not in season, you will see plenty of. When you take your gun out to hunt something, they disappear.

Just this evening it happened to me with squirrels.

I see so many rabbits when I am not rabbit hunting, and they disappear when I have a shotgun in my hand during rabbit season. Same with doves.

But when I do have a gun in hand and I have a shot opportunity at an animal, I probably won't take the shot because I am deer or turkey hunting and don't want to screw up my hunt. Just the way it seems to work.....

Atchman2

I call deer the new "roaches". Around the suburbs where I hunt squirrels I see FAR more deer than small game. I haven't shot a rabbit in TN in years, of course I don't hunt for them that much. Maybe I will again with the new dog.

In South Carolina, I would see 20 plus hogs to any other game. The other most prevalent game was DEER!

FOX FIRE

Depending on the season...I think deer turn onto turkeys during the fall, then in spring turkeys turn into squirrels and/or deer.

just a thought.

Atchman2

FOX FIRE said:
Depending on the season...I think deer turn onto turkeys during the fall, then in spring turkeys turn into squirrels and/or deer.

just a thought.
Amen! Preach on brother! Last year I was waiting for some turkeys to amble by so I could ambush them. I was messing with my camera and a deer walked right by me! By the time I got my bow up it was moving at high speed. :(

Latest posts