The Black Box

TiminTN

I had my Garmin dealer order my unit with the newer 56 transducer, and asked him to also get the lvs 34. Well I did not make it clear I needed the lvs 34 package, so today I went and picked up transducer only. To my suprise going to Garmin site there were many black box options available. I looked everything over and got him to order the GCV 20. I hope I chose wisely. Comments welcome, the GCV 20 is not due to ship till 3/3/23.

Last edited:

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Got it fellas, your taking care of this old guy!!
Be careful with your "GARMIN DEALER" if they didnt bother to tell you what you needed !!! Thats common knowledge which black box goes with the lvs34 and 32. Unless he didnt know which transducer you had but I'm assuming he sold it to you.
What im getting at is he/she shouldve steered you towards the complete package in the first place and I would be very weary of just buying whatever he recommended.

TiminTN

It was my mistake, not the dealer. When I went to the Garmin site, I was amazed at the options on the black box. Looking back the 10 is the obvious choice. I was us overthinking things. They are a newer dealer, and are learning as we go.

bluball

I help at performamce fishing electronics with installs.Danny is a great guy and will help with setting and questions after the sale.Most dont do that,anyone looking for marine electronics hes your man.

TiminTN

I help at performamce fishing electronics with installs.Danny is a great guy and will help with setting and questions after the sale.Most dont do that,anyone looking for marine electronics hes your man.
I have 3 of the 50ah batteries you guys sell. I got mine out of NC with a Minn Kota charger. I would love to bring my boat to have it all wired and assembled.

bluball

is he a site sponsor on here? it might help to do some advertising with all the new traffic on the fishing forum.
Not yet,he needs to before long though.I have been meaning to talk to him about it.,but we are usually to busy working.Been working 12 days(8-12hrs a day) straight so far and probally want have a day off till next sat.That mesns i have wotked 18 days straight without a day off,lol.

bluball

I have 3 of the 50ah batteries you guys sell. I got mine out of NC with a Minn Kota charger. I would love to bring my boat to have it all wired and assembled.
Just call 7314418965,danny at performance fishing electronics.Great guy and will answer any questiins you have.I help him with installs amd make lithium battery boxes and other special metal probucts for boats.He works out of his house now but hes remodeling a building and its his full time job now.Hes an electrician by trade and just got his nema marine install certification.

TiminTN

Incredible credentials. Your lucky to have such a smart guy to hang out with. I will be in touch after all components arrive. I will need opinions on mounting the units. I am 66 so need them up off the floor. I been looking at Cornfield Custom fishing, but would love a less expensive quality source.

Last edited:

TRIGGER

I can second the "Danny is a great guy" bluball turned me onto him. I purchased some stuff from him a month or so ago. Super easy to deal with and answers the phone every time I call and takes the time to answer my questions even some that didn't have anything to do with the stuff I got from him. I will be back to him next time I need anything.

TiminTN

I can second the "Danny is a great guy" bluball turned me onto him. I purchased some stuff from him a month or so ago. Super easy to deal with and answers the phone every time I call and takes the time to answer my questions even some that didn't have anything to do with the stuff I got from him. I will be back to him next time I need anything.
I am waiting Dannys call to bring my boat to him. He is super as far as info to help make good decisions. Has great prices, and has lots of inventory. Thank you bluball for the great advise!

Latest posts