Thanksgiving buck

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Shot this 8 this morning on the new property I got permission to hunt. Friend of mine just bought it a few weeks ago and it's right in a super area where I see lots of deer and have seen some really good bucks over the years. I drive by it every day to and from work and was very happy to find out he bought it. Very thick and steep but with the help I've gained from TNDeer members on how to find a good spot just from maps I picked a saddle and hunted it for the first time on Tuesday. Saw one button was all but I felt confident i was in the right place. This morning I bumped one right where my stand is in the dark so I knew something was around. At 645 I heard a few hard footsteps in some thick stuff 40 yards away and got ready and promptly saw a doe moving through and expected a buck would be following right behind and he was. Got on him and in four steps I had a clear shot. Hit a bit forward of ideal (middle of shoulder) but since he was slightly quartering to me I got heart. He's pretty much the size of deer I kill since I just shoot whatever so I'm quite happy. 808E5E71-3958-4F28-B803-AD0FC4758382.jpeg

Latest posts