Texan SS

Crow Terminator

I'm thinking of picking one of these guns up. Out of the different calibers, which would you guys recommend for my first big bore PCP? I have a Hatsan Flash in .25 but it would be nothing compared to the Texan. I have a 4500 PSI compressor already...I knew within 20 minutes of pumping with one of those PCP bicycle pump things that a compressor was in my immediate future. So I already have that out of the way. It's not fancy and is slow...but still faster than that dang bike hand pump.

I'm leaning towards the .457 cal one. Hatsan makes a cheaper big bore but they only come in .30 or .357 and if the build quality is anything like this Flash I have...it's probably junk. I like everything I have saw on the Texan SS.

Edit: I got impatient and went ahead and ordered it in .457 haha. Should be here Tuesday.

Last edited:

vj333

Have hatsan hydra in .25 no complains, got on sale for $199.Very accurate whit heavy diablo pellet.

Crow Terminator

Got the gun in yesterday and aired the tank up.

First impressions: this ain't no toy and is heavy duty built. I was actually very impressed with the quality. I've handled center fire rifles lately that aren't built as well.

I didn't have scope mounts for the rail that's on it so I had to order those. But I did air it up and fire a round down at my old archery target bag. I will say...I don't know exactly what I was expecting with a suppressed barrel but I was a little surprised at how loud it was. Buy then again at the same time...this thing is packing a heck of a wallop. Noise wise...I'd put it somewhere around the crack/sound of a .22 LR. It would be right on the line of what I would say you might want to consider ear plugs for. I can't wait to get a scope mounted and see what it can do.

ghostfive

You made the right choice. I have taken deer with a .357 and will never do that again. It went straight through and there was barely, if any, blood trail. If I go again it will be with the .457 or .50.

Crow Terminator

The one thing I wish I knew before buying one was...that I could only get about 3-4 good shots out of it on a full tank before having to refill. And the 2nd thing I wish I knew before buying...that it takes about 20-30 minutes to refill the tank with my compressor.

bigrob

The one thing I wish I knew before buying one was...that I could only get about 3-4 good shots out of it on a full tank before having to refill. And the 2nd thing I wish I knew before buying...that it takes about 20-30 minutes to refill the tank with my compressor.
Buy you a scba tank

Latest posts