Tennessee Hogs

TNGrizzly

I just got a tip on where some are around my area in scott co TN. Had a twra stop and talk to me today and he told me they caught about 100 of them last year. I told him I saw all the traps but never saw any when I was around, he told me they are over run with them now.

Come up here during deer season and lets hunt them, I cant get anybody to go with me after them. I am located 1 hr above knoxville TN on i75 north.

fredfred

TNGrizzly said:
I just got a tip on where some are around my area in scott co TN. Had a twra stop and talk to me today and he told me they caught about 100 of them last year. I told him I saw all the traps but never saw any when I was around, he told me they are over run with them now.

Come up here during deer season and lets hunt them, I cant get anybody to go with me after them. I am located 1 hr above knoxville TN on i75 north.

LoL you guys better read the rules before you get too carried away. Hogs are a rare over protected species that are listed as a unprotected species. Kind of an oxymoron :crazy:

TNGrizzly

LoL you guys better read the rules before you get too carried away. Hogs are a rare over protected species that are listed as a unprotected species. Kind of an oxymoron :crazy: [/quote]

explain please? from what I understand is. That you can hunt them during any hunting season as long as you use the right hunting device for that season. If I am wrong please correct me on this.

cecil30-30

stik said:
TNGrizzly said:
explain please? from what I understand is. That you can hunt them during any hunting season as long as you use the right hunting device for that season. If I am wrong please correct me on this.

you are wrong.

http://www.eregulations.com/tennessee/1 ... gulations/
It amazes me at the number of folks who hunt but dont take the time to glance over the hunting regs. This isnt nothing new. Been this way for 2-3 yrs if im not mistaken.

TNGrizzly

straight out of the rule book,plus this is the same thing that the TWRA guy told me.
In Region IV, wild hogs may be taken on any big game hunt on the North Cherokee; any deer or turkey hunt on Kyker Bottoms Refuge; and on any hunt, small game or big game, on the Foothills WMA and the entire North Cumberland WMA.

On the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, wild hogs may be taken with a special permit during any deer hunts and by small game hunters after the deer season.
http://www.tn.gov/twra/wildhogs.shtml

But I just talk to another TWRA official and he saying what you two are. So I just wont hunt them to be on the safe side.

fredfred

TNGrizzly just do as the rule book states and you'll be fine. Asking officers will get you several different answers a lot of times.

PillsburyDoughboy

If the plan was to erratic ate hogs from TN I have always thought TWRA should institute a bounty on Hogs. Say $15 a head for everyone brought in. Hunter would get to keep the meat.

Up the fines for anyone bringing in wild hog to Tn to raise them or release them to the point where its expensive and you lose your hunting rights for life.

That would cure the hog problem pretty quick. But I frankly don't think hogs are that big of a problem in TN because I can find no one that has hogs that wants them hunted or eradicated.

Jmed

PillsburyDoughboy said:
If the plan was to erratic ate hogs from TN I have always thought TWRA should institute a bounty on Hogs. Say $15 a head for everyone brought in. Hunter would get to keep the meat.

Up the fines for anyone bringing in wild hog to Tn to raise them or release them to the point where its expensive and you lose your hunting rights for life.

That would cure the hog problem pretty quick. But I frankly don't think hogs are that big of a problem in TN because I can find no one that has hogs that wants them hunted or eradicated.

I gave up a lease in Marion Co. Because hogs ruined the deer hunting. I got sick of shooting them. They will destroy a place and the deer hate em

DaveB

Killing piggies is like killing ants on your kitchen counter top.

You'll find them in your cereal, in your sugar bowl, everyplace if you let them go. You need to kill them all. No mercy. Traps, bait, anything to kill them all.

I'd like to see TWRA check in to what ever they did on Catalina Island to get rid of the piggies. I know sport hunting didn't even dent the population.

stik

tn gunman said:
The Cherokee National Forrest is not governed by the TWRA, its governed by the USDA and follows a different set of regulations concerning hog hunting on I think you should do more research.

CNF is managed as a WMA by TWRA.

ROVERBOY

There's hogs in some areas in Clay County but, they're not really widespread yet. They've been around Dale Hollow for a long time. There's some in the Brimstone Creek area too. A friend got some on trail cam last year but, hasn't got any on his cam in a long time. They probably move around a lot.

SloaneRanger

.."In Region IV, wild hogs may be taken on any big game hunt on the North Cherokee; any deer or turkey hunt on Kyker Bottoms Refuge; and on any hunt, small game or big game, on the Foothills WMA and the entire North Cumberland WMA"...

http://www.tn.gov/twra/wildhogs.shtml

and for N Cumberland WMA....

.."Wild hogs may be taken during any hunt with
hunting devices legal for that hunt"...p67

http://www.tn.gov/twra/pdfs/wmaseasons.pdf

I read this to mean CF rifle OK during Firearms Deer Season, ML during ML deer season Archery during Archery Deer and Turkey and Rimfire during SG season..No?!..

BTW..looking for a hunting buddy for N Cumberland..my last hunting buddy moved back to N Dakota!..

SloaneRanger

TNGrzzly�sorry..Its been 2 months since I got on here and just saw your reply..Sure..would love to take you up on that�haven't gotten out at all yet so far this year was gonna go up and bow hunt last weekend until I saw they were doing the Elk Hunt�let me know and we can go..look forward to it�.

Latest posts