Tennesse Buck Totals for 2015 exceed 2014

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I killed one buck and 2 does. The same number of deer I try to put in the freezer every year. For me was a very good year, I got my first ever antlered deer with a bow, and and then does with the ML and Rifle, so I killed one with each weapon. I hunted less cause I had other projects around the house that needed doing, and because I was home more, I avoided the October meltdown my wife usually has because I have been hunting too much. :) Congrats to everyone that harvested something and good luck to all on the future seasons.

JeepKuntry

Roost 1":1jssesho said:
I bet alot of wives and kids checked bucks in that prolly didnt have to in the past..... :stir:

If people are going to be dishonest, it's easier than ever. Shoot a buck, check it online as a doe and process it yourself. I say that because I doubt most would go through the hassle of buying additional licenses to cheat.

Outdoor Enthusiast

JeepKuntry":2o3olbpp said:
Roost 1":2o3olbpp said:
I bet alot of wives and kids checked bucks in that prolly didnt have to in the past..... :stir:

If people are going to be dishonest, it's easier than ever. Shoot a buck, check it online as a doe and process it yourself. I say that because I doubt most wouldn't go through the hassle of buying additional licenses to cheat.

Yeah I tend to agree. I don't think that the 2 buck limit caused more hunters to suddenly become dishonest.

I tend to think that the increase in the kill numbers is due more to hunters taking 2 bucks that in the past didn't take 2 bucks (even with the 3 buck limit). One might liken it to "sticking it to the man" mentality.

LanceS4803

4 does this year, as usual.
It would take a pretty decent buck for me to release that arrow, and I saw very few of those this year.

AXL78

I think the large percentage of hunters that go one weekend is vastly underestimated. My dad for example, doesn't hunt anymore, never did in Tennessee anyway, but his mindset is the same. They hunt to kill a buck. Don't care about killing a doe. They go that one weekend, not just to hunt, but get together with everybody, have a good time, and hopefully kill a buck. He could have cared less about how big the horns were, and wasn't hunting for meat either. If he killed one he wanted to kill a buck. If he didn't kill one it didn't matter he had a good time, but you weren't going to persuade him that it would be better for the herd to kill a doe, etc. Herd health wasn't on his radar, deer hunting wasn't really. It wasn't that important, but if he went and killed one he wanted to kill buck. He didn't care about saying he killed a deer. That is a huge percentage of hunters. Huge. We are the minority, and a lot of us naturally are more selective and care more about it. I think people were trending that way. We spend an absurd amount of time in the woods, and it is not as bothersome to let one go. My dad thought about deer hunting one weekend a year, and in that weekend he couldn't afford to let a buck go if he wanted to kill one, may be the only one he saw. People like him count for a lot more deer than you think.

catman529

There are people who are selective and there are people who shoot anything with bone on its head...the former would more likely be more selective with the new limit, the latter not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImThere

Headhunter":2xjwt451 said:
Vermin93":2xjwt451 said:
I think what this means is that the 3-buck limit guys got all pissed off for nothing since there's even more dead bucks with a 2-buck limit. [emoji3]

good possibility. I also think they have ZERO reason to complain about going to a 2 buck limit. Evidently, most are better hunters with a 2 buck limit.
I think most of the 2 buck crowd just don't understand why the 3 buck crowd got pissed off and probably never will. SMH

the one and only "ImThere"

highridge

Why did the 3 buck limit crowd get upset when most of you all live in Unit A and Unit L where you can fill the freezer every day if you wish and have the opportunity. Any of you from these liberal counties shouldn't be complaining at all if your just wanting to fill a freezer.

AXL78

???The percentage of hunters that hunt solely for meat is very low. Really has nothing to do with meat, or horns for that matter, but rather an opportunity taken away.

Headhunter

ImThere":3azkclkc said:
Headhunter":3azkclkc said:
Vermin93":3azkclkc said:
I think what this means is that the 3-buck limit guys got all pissed off for nothing since there's even more dead bucks with a 2-buck limit. [emoji3]

good possibility. I also think they have ZERO reason to complain about going to a 2 buck limit. Evidently, most are better hunters with a 2 buck limit.
I think most of the 2 buck crowd just don't understand why the 3 buck crowd got pissed off and probably never will. SMH

smh at that laughing for real out loud

ImThere

Headhunter":3g610y85 said:
ImThere":3g610y85 said:
Headhunter":3g610y85 said:
Vermin93 said:

I wouldn't expect any less from you

landman

You go to the General Fourm seeing
Posts about everyone's a hunters and
This side or the other side run people
off the site. But you still see it stirring
up on here, I know a member that killed
3 bucks and had more tags.....

Guess most just don't want to hunt that hard
or much

catman529

Headhunter":3bqdixt7 said:
ImThere":3bqdixt7 said:
Headhunter":3bqdixt7 said:
Vermin93 said:

Ricky is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WG Taxidermist

ImThere":2ionmqfz said:
Headhunter":2ionmqfz said:
Vermin93":2ionmqfz said:

X2 and they really don't care

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk

Deer Assassin

Outdoor Enthusiast":1tde88mo said:
JeepKuntry":1tde88mo said:
Roost 1":1tde88mo said:

If people are going to be dishonest, it's easier than ever. Shoot a buck, check it online as a doe and process it yourself. I say that because I doubt most wouldn't go through the hassle of buying additional licenses to cheat.

Yeah I tend to agree. I don't think that the 2 buck limit caused more hunters to suddenly become dishonest.

I tend to think that the increase in the kill numbers is due more to hunters taking 2 bucks that in the past didn't take 2 bucks (even with the 3 buck limit). One might liken it to "sticking it to the man" mentality.

yep

Deer Assassin

JeepKuntry":1bf64kyf said:
Roost 1":1bf64kyf said:

If people are going to be dishonest, it's easier than ever. Shoot a buck, check it online as a doe and process it yourself. I say that because I doubt most would go through the hassle of buying additional licenses to cheat.

could of be done easily before

i have checked in deer at check stations my self because they couldnt operate the machine

i have checked in deer at station that were hanging in walk in cooler

check in stations never ever looked at the deer

i have checked in 164 deer at stations never had one person look at the deer

why check in as a doe and butcher it your self just butcher it and dont check it in your statement holds no water much less makes sense

people that break the law are going to

it is like gun control all it does is screw the honest people

i love checking in deer while they are laying in the field

TN24081

I'm pretty sure the 2 buck limit is as close to a "happy medium" as we'll ever get, even though some people don't agree with it. I would be fine with one but that's just me, we all hunt for different reasons. Besides, who am "I" to tell another licensed hunter what he needs to do or vilify him for shooting too many bucks or make him out to be less of a hunter ? Sure, if given an opportunity I might share my opinion on practicing QDMA with my neighbor or fellow hunter but I should NEVER make him feel like less of a hunter simply because we hunt for different reasons. As sportsmen we should all try to bond together and share the love of the outdoors with one another hunter as well as new or young hunters. That's where the real focus should be, not on bag limits. For those that feel they had an opportunity taken from you, I'd like to know how someone can take something away from you that's not yours ?? Last I checked, we might own the land but we don't own the deer and critters that roam it. It's not your right to shoot X amount of deer, it's a PRIVELAGE. If anyone is in danger of starvation due to the current bag limits, let me know. We'll get in touch with the right people and find you some help.

TN24081

AXL78":2l2prex2 said:
There is a good reason to complain. We had something taken away by the government for no justifiable reason. Doesn't matter if we used it or not. What if the government decided you didn't need that extra gun, you never shoot it, lets take it away.

You are forgetting something.... It's the governments deer. The don't have to have a justifiable reason.

Latest posts