Tennesse Buck Totals for 2015 exceed 2014

Boone 58

We have now surpassed 2014 totals for bucks thru jan 3rd same period versus this year. 75603 for 2014 thru jan 3rd...............so much for going from 3 to 2. We are now at 77123. But........
we haven't even reached the seasons total deer harvest for last year. of 160194. Oh well.................

JeepKuntry

I looked at the numbers for the counties I hunted this year (Anderson & Union) far more bucks than does. I saw 2 bucks all season. I honestly think most hunters in our area still prefer to shoot a spike over a mature doe.

fairchaser

Don't we need to see what age class the harvested bucks came from compared to last season to fully evaluate the effects of a two buck limit? Isn't the idea to allow younger age class bucks to grow another year? We will see and it may take a couple years to show an effect.

redblood

remember it is a 5 yr plan. even though the buck harvest might have been a fraction higher, I would wager that the older age class bucks were harvested. Admittedly, it will take a few year to change hunter mindsets. This was the hardest year, as we are coming off a 3 buck limit year. Give it 5 and we will see results

Matador

Looks to me like Tn hunters took about 65 to 70 thousand 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 age bucks out of the pool to make it another year. Final official breakdown by age may say different but I doubt it.

Biggun4214

In Jefferson Co the number of antlered bucks was up from last year. Fewer spikes, 3, and four points were checked out compared to last year. The number of 7+ points was up compared to last year.

Headhunter

Vermin93":37jgay4e said:
I think what this means is that the 3-buck limit guys got all pissed off for nothing since there's even more dead bucks with a 2-buck limit. [emoji3]

good possibility. I also think they have ZERO reason to complain about going to a 2 buck limit. Evidently, most are better hunters with a 2 buck limit.

AXL78

There is a good reason to complain. We had something taken away by the government for no justifiable reason. Doesn't matter if we used it or not. What if the government decided you didn't need that extra gun, you never shoot it, lets take it away.

Latest posts