Targets

basset

Just starting to shoot a crossbow, not sure what'd make an appropriate target but I know I don't want to spend $60 and up for one and I doubt one of those $17 foam blocks at Wal Mart would even slow a crossbow bolt down very much. What are y'all using?

Dienamic

Yellowjacket bag for fieldpoints. A little pricey but it will last forever. Had mine for almost 4 years and it is still stopping bolts no problem.

Dienamic

Should be super easy to make one. Burlap sack stuffed full of old tshirts. Raid the dumpster at a goodwill for their throw away clothes. Super cheap!

basset

I like Dienamic's idea, have a tater sack right here that'd be perfect. Just got back from Bass Pro, some of their targets were over $100.

BlackBelt

I use a redhead foam archery target block that Bass Pro runs on sale for about $30. It works fine...but sometimes the bolts will penetrate up to the fletching. It works really well.

Rubberduck270

I bought one of the new Block Black crossbow targets this year and am not pleased with my purchase. I shoot a Barnett Buck Commander and if you shoot near the same spot twice you are going to lose your fletchings.

rem270

i just bought the rinehart block target and its the best ive shot. its 130 bucks but well worth it. any other block target ive shot after about 10 shots its shooting through.

basset

Read some online directions for making targets and was all set to assemble one out of a bunch of cardboard stacked up and clamped together, then I saw a cheap foam block target at Wally World and it seems to work pretty well. I did sink a couple close to the fletchings at about twenty yards.

taximan

go to lowes and buy a 4x8 sheet of 2" blue board. cut 3 - 4 pieces 2' x 2'. stack them on top of one another and duct tape together. draw a bullseye with a sharpie on the face of the "block" and WAL-LA a target the will stop a crossbow. U may need to take 2 pieces of stiff wire and use them as a brace to keep it from falling over

Latest posts