Targets

soshock1

I bought one of the Spyderweb targets. It is a little more expensive but the arrows come out easy and it will last me a loooong time. You can't shoot broadheads on it though.

Atchman2

My Aunt was a hoarder and had a gazillion of those plastic Walmart bags. I stuffed them in a box and taped it up with Duct Tape. Works great! I can't believe how well it works compared to my commercial targets.

The big thing is to get one that will stop the arrow short of the fletching. My archery target is fine for my bow, but it ruins my crossbow arrows.

barkscraper

You can order the empty target bags then stuff it with old clothes and it will out perform the best target money can buy and you can pull the arrows out with 2 fingers . I have a scorpyd crossbow and was shooting through all the store bought targets and someone told me about this and it works great. Its in the Dandy Catalog

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
I order one of these Morrell Bone Collector Double Duty 400 . but I also used a bale of hay to stop my crossbow. much cheaper. I would recommend buying a hard case for your crossbow.

Headhunter

finally got to test a blob with crossbows recently. Best target on the market. even at 370 fps bolt only in about 4". A little tougher to pull out than compound arrows, but not bad. They are hard to wear out, even with broadheads.

wlf89

i just use a round bale of hay and shoot it on the rounded sides not the flat ends and have yet to have a arrow go in enough to hurt fletching most of them about half shaft or little less. but i also have cows and 150 or so bales sitting around.

A/M/G

A box stuffed with rags. The best and cheapest target available. When the box gets shot up put the rags in another box. My excal shoots 325fps the arrows will not penetrate more than 5 inches.

KPH

A/M/G":ab3hizom said:
A box stuffed with rags. The best and cheapest target available. When the box gets shot up put the rags in another box. My excal shoots 325fps the arrows will not penetrate more than 5 inches.
How big a box?

Latest posts