target and hunting ammo for a .243

AskPrimary

I bought my 9 year old grandson a .243 for Christmas to deer hunt with this fall. I desperately need some target and hunting ammo for it. Does anyone have suggestions on where I could purchase it without breaking the bank?

backyardtndeer

Before I started reloading, my girls used 100 grain core lokts for years in 243 with very good results. Use 100 grain hornady interlocks in my handloads.

Stumpsitter

If you can get the federal fusion 95 grain. You will be happy with its performance. I had never used it or a .243 , I got one for my 9 year old this past Christmas & he got a 7pt his first trip on the last juvenile hunt. It folded that deer up. It impressed me. The deer never even kicked. Good luck finding the ammunition. I am on a list at Rodgers outdoors. Maybe you can do that too and hopefully some will break free before to long.

Cherokee

My wife has a .243. She has not hunted in the last few years. I will look to see how much ammo I have for it. It would be better used making a nine year old smile than taking up space in my safe.

Cherokee

My wife has a .243. She has not hunted in the last few years. I will look to see how much ammo I have for it. It would be better used making a nine year old smile than taking up space in my safe.
I don't have nearly as much as I thought I did. Just a few (9) rounds of 80 gr Federals. Most of the 243 I have is reloaded.

Gravey

If you can get the federal fusion 95 grain. You will be happy with its performance. I had never used it or a .243 , I got one for my 9 year old this past Christmas & he got a 7pt his first trip on the last juvenile hunt. It folded that deer up. It impressed me. The deer never even kicked. Good luck finding the ammunition. I am on a list at Rodgers outdoors. Maybe you can do that too and hopefully some will break free before to long.
Shoot the same out of my .243 when I use it and use the Fusion 130-grain in my .270. Really like them.