Talking Calls???

spitndrum

I was looking into getting a call that WONT break the bank but will be a good informational/learning piece for me to learn on, I have a knight and hale cheap one but it don't sound too good I know how to use a call and what sounds to push I just don't know what would be a good call to start with??

tophat

I got mine from final flight.Great starter calls.Also the RNT's call's are good also.Also to me the double reed are the easiest to use.I no expert by no means but hope this helps. Finalflight has a websight also.

TNTomtaker01

Buck gardner spit fire i like and the quack head double j are good sounding lower priced calls. The spit fire has alot of whine built in wher as the double j doesnt. I didnt really care for any of the duck commander calls.

downthebrown

The easiest by far to start with would be a DR-85 by haydel. You can do just about anything with that call. Also the $40 range double reed by echo is a good one to start with. Its wood and polycarbonate and very easy to blow. These 2 are still on my lanyard today.

JThuntsalot

Hands down Buck Gardner calls, you can get a good acrylic call that want break the bank. Learn on a single reed and then you will be able to make a double reed sing. I have RNT's, Buck Gardners, Jim King calls, and some more. You can never have to many. If you want any help just give me a call. if you can get over here to the westside on a wednesday or thursday in before the end of season holler at me and we will go. We have been staying in the Double digits for the last week and half and it is only going to get better.

Doe P

downthebrown said:
The easiest by far to start with would be a DR-85 by haydel. You can do just about anything with that call. Also the $40 range double reed by echo is a good one to start with. Its wood and polycarbonate and very easy to blow. These 2 are still on my lanyard today.

X 3 on the DR-85 ($22.oo at Dicks right now). It is on my lanyard with other $100 calls and I still go with it when I need the ducks to cup up. I have a echo double also and its soft and sweet.

Spoonbillmallard

Foiles Strait Suzy.....by far the best and easiest cheap call to blow. And it sounds most like a duck than many expensive calls. Just all in how you blow one.

geezer

downthebrown said:
Yep the dr-85 is about the best, cheap call imo. Ive had 3 over the years and they are hard to beat and fairly easy to blow.

Latest posts