Food Plots Sunflower planting time

BSK

Planted my last two plots Friday because the forecast was for rain almost every day this coming week. Well, now the forecast has changed. Probably no rain for over a week. :mad: That's not going to help.

JCDEERMAN

Planted my last two plots Friday because the forecast was for rain almost every day this coming week. Well, now the forecast has changed. Probably no rain for over a week. :mad: That's not going to help.
HA I know right? It's sort of a double-edge sword for me. I want the rain (and that's also why we planted), but I also don't want it to rain so our logger can go full steam ahead. We are on a time crunch. If we could just get a small 15 minute drizzle, I'd be doing my happy dance

BSK

HA I know right? It's sort of a double-edge sword for me. I want the rain (and that's also why we planted), but I also don't want it to rain so our logger can go full steam ahead. We are on a time crunch. If we could just get a small 15 minute drizzle, I'd be doing my happy dance
I know what you mean. I want the rain for my plots, but at the same time I would like our roads to FINALLY dry out from the winter logging fiasco.

lung-buster

I planted sunflowers on the 13th and checked yesterday and nothing, which I expected since we haven't had a drop of rain. My girls wanted to walk around the field today and we got to looking and sunflowers were popping up everywhere. We did get a good drizzle of rain late this afternoon.