Success!

tellico4x4

What a weekend youngest grandson has had! Clinched the second game of double header Friday night with a 18-17 win. Not bad for 12 year old 7th grader playing varsity. He didn't get to hunt yesterday morning as game wasn't over until 11:00 Friday night & by time they raked the field it was after midnight.

So he got to hunt this morning! Got on birds at daylight & setup 4 different times. Finally came in at 8:00 and I had Kaden setup 15 yards in front of me. He's always sit between my legs or beside me & I was anxious to not have "control" of him. I saw the white head coming up hollow & Kaden had gun on knee ready. Shot him at 40 yards and dropped in tracks. 1 Jake & 2 longbeards were behind him a bit and ran up and jumped on him so Kaden got to see a show!

18# 8 oz
9.5" beard
1-5/16" spurs
God is good!

This makes 4 gobblers in 4 years for him. He got to hear 12- 14 birds this morning too. On way out carrying his bird, he stopped and said " I sure am glad you are cooking a big breakfast when we get back to camp", lol.

IMG_20240407_090404411.jpg

IMG_20240407_081757035_HDR.jpg

FB_IMG_1712484840483.jpg

Gravey

Great bird and even better times with your grandson!

Awesome weekend. And what a beard.my hats are off to the baseball families. We are basketball only but yalls seasons and practice schedule has to be killer!
I'm a baseball guy but it has gone nuts. My bonus son is a sophomore and they play 4-6 games a week. This week there's supposed to be a game every day Tuesday - Saturday. Travel ball is even more insane!

megalomaniac

Good feeling knowing all your habitat improvements are benefitting the turkeys! Is this the most you've had on your club? Been a LONG time since I've heard more than 4.or 5 gobblers in a morning!

Latest posts