STS vs Mean V

bobthebowhunter

I took the stock string supressor(Mean V)off my bowtech 101 and replaced it with a single STS.

Feels better, and sounds better. I only got to shoot blank in the garage, but I may have to tune a little bit.

BowGuy84

Ive been really impressed with how my STS has held up over the past 3 years...I cut the bar off to length with a arrow saw (thanks BPS!). \

I have to believe the material they are made out of are better than the stock versions that come on bows, and if set properly no tuning should be required.

Radar

I made a MeanV style string stopper for my Mathews with an old cable rod I cut off and used a cobra cable guard rubber stopper . This is what he uses too . The STS was quieter than the MeanV style stopper .

bobthebowhunter

Radar said:
I made a MeanV style string stopper for my Mathews with an old cable rod I cut off and used a cobra cable guard rubber stopper . This is what he uses too . The STS was quieter than the MeanV style stopper .

it is quieter by far and i noticed less hand shock. Seems like the on the mean v the "shock" would travel through the cable roller and right to your hand. With the sts it travels directly through to the stab. Just my thoughts.

bobthebowhunter

POSSUM HUNTER said:
sts here as well i havent had a mean v but if it works??????????

bout ready to get going bobby?

Still tuning on my target bow. Got some new stabs on the way. Iam looking to go to the Tri county shoot. I think it is on the 28th.

Radar

bobthebowhunter said:
Radar said:

it is quieter by far and i noticed less hand shock. Seems like the on the mean v the "shock" would travel through the cable roller and right to your hand. With the sts it travels directly through to the stab. Just my thoughts.

Exactly . I think it is because of the better design on the STS rod transferring the vibration straight forward .

bobthebowhunter

UTGrad said:
I have the Duravane String Tamer after several good reviews on the product. There are some out there that like the String Tamer over the STS.

I like that the look of that one too. If I had money I would try that one. The one I just put on is more or less homemade with a few sts parts and an old limb saver. Penchin penny's if you know what I mean

Latest posts