• Help Support TNDeer:

Striper time?

Damfishing

I'm thinking about going fishing tomorrow from the bank and wanted to know where can I might catch a striper. I'm still looking for my first striper this year. I live in the nashville area. Thanks any advice will be hopeful!!

Don't know but if u find them let me know! I figure they prob generating full stream at priest and old hickory so might give those a shot

I tryed old hickory tailwaters and j.percy priest tailwaters without even seeing someone catching a striper. The water temps were at 58 degrees below the dam and I wanted to know when do they show up below the dams.
Good look everyone!!

Dbllunger said:
I'm not sure about those particular dams but directly below Wheeler dam in the next week or two. Migration up other tailwaters isn't until late May or June. That is when the big boys really show up.
Thanks, this year I hope i have time to fish below the dams when the striper run starts. I missed it last year. I hope not this year.
Thanks everyone and great fishing to everyone!!

Dbllunger said:
I'm not sure about those particular dams but directly below Wheeler dam in the next week or two. Migration up other tailwaters isn't until late May or June. That is when the big boys really show up.

june and july have always been my best months below ft. loudon or melton hill dams.

Latest posts

Back