Storing and organizing camping equipment

Madecost

I have a pretty good collection of camping equipment and I have it for the most part stored on some Costco shelving. The problem is it just doesn't look all that organized. Too many oversized pieces. I am getting ready to tackle it again since it is winter here. I am looking to see if anyone has any photos of how they store their gear at home. I do not have a trailer or a dedicated rig for camping so I am more curious of how everyone stores it in their garage etc.
Looking forward to any inspirational photos.
Thanks

jb3

We are mostly a backpacking family so most of our camping stuff is small and can fit in storage bins. When car camping, we typically use the same equipment becuase it's what we have. We do have a camp chef stove. As far as cookware, only two skillets, so those fit into a storage bin. Items that don't fit into a bin are hiking poles which just lay on a shelf stacked on top of one another. Sleeping bags are kept inside the house in a closet, and tents.

Mattt

Rubbermaid totes, sharpie a label on both ends so doesn't matter how I stack I can read contents. Throw tote in truck and leave.cheap, fairly good at keeping out pests, do have to put a bungee on them at freeway speeds

Coop87

For storage containers I bought several of the Plano sportsman boxes in various size a few years ago on Black Friday sale. You can make water tight and are lightweight for how rugged they are. The Husky waterproof boxes are nice too with clear lid that hinges either direction. For car camping, I put together a mobile kitchen made out of a large pelican type case and makes things simple for someone that likes to cook.
For the garage you could consider a wall-mounted shelf in garage and install close rod and hooks underneath for hanging sleeping bags, chairs, coolers, etc. For all my small stuff like flashlights, knives, dry bags, fire starters, insect repellent, first aid, etc I used those plastic office multi drawer organizers and hanging shoe rack with small clear containers for this. I may have gone overboard with this but do like being able to grab what's needed for type of trip. I'm always looking for ways to improve but just thought I'd share a few ideas.

Latest posts