Still hunting unknown areas

GoldenEagle09

I have permission to bowhunt about 10acres. But im not quite sure where the deer are coming through. Figured I might set up near some whitoaks and if I have no luck slowly creep around a bit. its more of a travel route for the deer

MooreEagle

It is hard to bow hunt a small piece of property like this...your deer will very likely run off the property. I had this happen on a 20 acre piece of land and didn't have permission to track through several other people's adjoining property.

Pursuit Hunter

Still hunting with a bow is really tough. The only way I would try it is on a wet windy day. Otherwise, your chances of getting close enough for a clean shot are slim to none.

You would have much better odds of success by finding something they are eating or a travel route. You might not have a lot of options, but on the other hand, you might have a little honey hole if they are feeding on those whiteoaks. Either way, I would hunt from a treestand.

yamaha200

I got a small peice of property that is 7 acres. I hunted it the first year with a climber, and found the honey spot. It is a funnel between a field, and a gravel road. The next summer, I built a permanent stand, so I could slip in undetected as much as possible. I think I have been hunting it for I think 12, or 13 yrs. I have killed 32 deer out of it over the years. My son has killed 5 there in the past 3 yrs hunting ! Best thing to do is find the best spot, and stay put in my opinion.

bowriter

R.I.P.
IMO- DO NOT!!!! Still hunt an area that small even on rainy-windy days.

That is a great size area to hunt because you can learn in one year of hunting. The, place stands where they need to be. However, if you go sloshing around during the season, you may well ruin it.

Just pick a good tree, climb it or hang a strand and watch what goes on. Adjust as needed and move as little as possible.

Latest posts