Steel Shot through a choke not rated for it?

spitndrum

What happens?

Thinking back on it, the choke that came in my Browning doesnt say steel but it doesn't say not to shoot steel, I only shot 3 shots yesterday through it and wont until I get one I know for sure is rated. Just curious is the pattern is different or has anything to do with it cause I thought for sure I shoulda hit those ducks maybe I just missed :whistle:

ClubHead

Any Modified or Improved cylinder choke will work.Never shoot a Lead full.I just checked my Bps and Super X3 and they have the Mod choke with the 3 notches and Dont say steel either and pattern well with BB and 2's.

blountcountyboy

Blount CountyTN ya know over next to Cades Cove
I've shot a full choke for years and last year I some how ended up putting my full lead in and when cleaning it one day the cloth got stuck. When I finally got the cloth out the choke had split. I broke to regular wrenchs and wwnt to (of all places) Richard's and they had a heavy duty one. My wife stood on the gun in the back of the truck while I worked on it. The problem was when I put the torque to it, the split in the choke would open up and it just made it that much tighter. I was in a hurry because I was leaving to go on a hunt and the wrench slipped and I cut my finger really good. NICE!!!! I got it out but, it was a pain in the butt.

Latest posts