Starline Rifle Brass

jlanecr500

I use it in 45-70 and 44 magnum. While I haven't loaded any to failure, I have not had a single failure even after 5 or 6 loads. I feel like it is better than Remington and a few others.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
jlanecr500":1hqcj274 said:
I use it in 45-70 and 44 magnum. While I haven't loaded any to failure, I have not had a single failure even after 5 or 6 loads. I feel like it is better than Remington and a few others.
I can mirror this entire statement

DaveB

I have some Bottleneck Starlines for a rifle I am loading up.
Notes:
Lengths are the same. No variances at all.
Measurements are exact to SAAMI specs.
I did not weigh all of them but 5 at random were within 1 grain.
No dents, nicks, streaks, or tarnish.
Case mouth had a very slight inside chamfer. I messed with this and decided although it appears to be too slight to be of value the chamfer allowed me to seat bullets without creating the fingernail's of scraped copper.
Primer pockets are clean cut and the flash hole's were centered and round.

I should have asked one of my kids to look inside & see if the flash hole was deburred. I had been told Starline finishes the inside but did not check.

I was surprised at the cost and wary of what I was getting. So far my concerns are not justified. Looks like a great product at a competitive price.

Hunter 257W

I've used it a lot in 32-20 and 45 Colt but never any of the more modern rifle cartridges where brass quality and uniformity would matter more. I've got zero complaints with the two above cartridges though so would expect it to be good brass for anything.

Latest posts