squirrel season...

FOX FIRE

I like to wait untill the acorns are good & ripe, but thers still leaves on thetrees, the leaves give me the luxury of sneak'n in them while cutt'n, pick me one off & wait till they go back to work & find another one.

Been think on do'n some work on a old Lake Field .22 I have & get'n it ready, think'n a trigger job & maybe bed the action just to see how good it shoots,love me some .22 rifles.

Phil1979

Wes Parrish said:
It's like a 4-course meal! :D

Squirrel season is the appettizer!
Archery deer is the accompanying soup before the main course!
Muzzleloader deer is the main course!
Rifle deer is the dessert!

X2

TheLBLman

FOX FIRE said:
I like to wait untill the acorns are good & ripe, but thers still leaves on thetrees, the leaves give me the luxury of sneak'n in them while cutt'n, pick me one off & wait till they go back to work & find another one.
No need to wait on any acorns!

Hickories are much better, imo, since the squirrels make a lot more noise cutting them, and occasionally drop a whole hickory nut which can be heard hitting the ground from afar. There's usually some good hickory nut cutting going on when squirrel season opens.

Plateau Hunter

Squirrels have been cutting some on my place in whiteoaks and even a hickory for over two weeks. I don't ever remember seeing squirrels cutting this early. With the hot weather and the drought just seeing some acorns and hickory nuts is good. I saw more fox squirrels on my place last year than ever before; there has been one with the white nose pattern hanging around the yard all summer. PH

FOX FIRE

I was out in the back yard this evenin & could hear one cut'n in the trees above, I'm think'n "oh yeah, 'bout that time of year."

morgancountry

I can't wait. I haven't squirrel hunted in probably 4 or 5 years. I got my grandpa's Marlin 39A when he passed this spring so that is my motivation to get out this year!

Latest posts