Squirrel Recipes

A

Anonymous

i like to boil the meat off the bone and then make squirrel dumplins just like good ole fashioned chicken and dumplins.

fishboy1

I tried to make squirrel stew once. Was like eating a whole box of toothpicks. How do you "butcher" the squirrel to get an edible amount of meat?

Trapper John

fishboy1 said:
I tried to make squirrel stew once. Was like eating a whole box of toothpicks. How do you "butcher" the squirrel to get an edible amount of meat?

Pressure cook or boil then pick the meat off the bones.

For grilling you just have to get in there and gnaw.

cruff10

Take several squirrels, cut the squirrels in half removing the rib cage,

take all the squirrels, wrap all in tinfoil, add a good steak season, or mrs. dash, (lemon pepper or chicken season) put on the smoker for 4 hours at 180- 200 degrees...

remove and eat like chicken, the meat will fall off the bone....

sometimes the squirrels can be TOO OLD, the younger the better....

birddoginQ

I do what I can to butcher the squirrel, de-boneing everybit that I can get off of it. Flower the chunks and fry it up, then throw it in the stew and let it simmer for 30 minutes to an hour and its tender as any other stew meat, works great for rabbits aswell. Or boil a quartered squirel in chicken broth, pull meat of the bone and throw it back in the broth....fix up some dumplins and throw them in the pot aswell.....boil till the dumplins are done...season to taste and add milk or flower if you like a thicker soup.

mike243

boil them till there tender,then drain & add your favorite BBQ sauce & cook alittle while on very low heat,tasty,mike243

Latest posts