Springfield

duckriver

I have a buddy that's been trying to buy one of my guns from me. If I decide to sell I have been looking at what I'll replace it with. I thought about the XDm or XDs because I haven't owned a Springfield. What your opinions of the guns? Either 9mm or 45. How do they compare to my glock 19? I love my glock and may just buy a second one of them. Thinking the 26 or small 45

280longshot

I have both the XD40 and a glock 23. I like the glock better mainly cause of personal preference... it feels better and shoots better.
I would make a trip to the range and shoot the Springfield and make your own decision. It's all about the feel.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I love my xdm 40. Grip angle and trigger are different from Glock. I had a Glock 9mm and hated it, but it was an older one and they have changed quite a bit since then. Pick the one that feels best to you

Wildcat

I LOVE my XDs 45 and it's my main carry gun.

Like said, you have to handle it to see if it fits you. Once I put the Grip-Extension on mine it was prefect for a gun "that size" for me. It is small for a 45 and with a N8 Tactical holster I can wear it with anything and nobody can tell I'm packing, ever when I wear t-shirts and shorts in the summer.

http://www.amazon.com/Pearce-Grips-PG-1 ... ccessories

Go here to learn everything you ever wanted to know about Springfield

http://www.xdtalk.com/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

darn2ten

I agree with others, you have to go handle it in person. I had narrowed my choices between a Glock and a XD. The problem I had with the Glock was the grip angle. For me it was angled too far back, and when I gripped it the angle of the barrel was up in the air. I had to really think about it and tilt my grip down to get a flat site plan, just felt really unnatural for me. I chose the XD 40 because it just felt better and I have not regreted it, great reliable gun. Now when I bought mine the Gen 2 Glocks were out at the time. I had a guy tell me the other day that the Gen 4 grips are different and not quite as angled. I might have to check this out.