Springfield Waypoint

Smoke

It took me 2 years to get my hands on one of these. Springfield Waypoint 2020 6mm Creedmoor with carbon fiber barrel. Usually run Leupold VX-5s but put Zeiss Conquest 6-24x50 on this one. Didn't get to shoot much because I was running out of light. Got it sighted in at 100 then went to 200, 250 and 300 yards. No dialing or holdover just to see what it'd do. No problem ringing steel and able to see there was minimal drop. It feels good and it shoots good. Springfield has a winner with this one.
IMG_20221123_172130640.jpg

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
Beautiful rifle, and sounds like it is a great shooter.

I've had some interest in those, I think all calibers are in short action. I was thinking of one for long range western hunting. so I guess the 6.5PRC would fit. I've seem to always gravitated to long actions.

Do you know if a small less protruding magazine is available? maybe a 3 round instead of 5

Oh, I have a V4 4-16x44 with exposed elevation turret and absolutely love it.

Smoke

Beautiful rifle, and sounds like it is a great shooter.

I've had some interest in those, I think all calibers are in short action. I was thinking of one for long range western hunting. so I guess the 6.5PRC would fit. I've seem to always gravitated to long actions.

Do you know if a small less protruding magazine is available? maybe a 3 round instead of 5

Oh, I have a V4 4-16x44 with exposed elevation turret and absolutely love it.
The 6.5 has a 3 round mag I believe but it's probably same size. It uses AICS mags. I've got a Savage High Country 6.5 PRC . It's an accurate, flat shooting round. I've hunted with it a little bit but generally grab one of my 308s. Haven't killed anything with it. This scope is a V4. It's first Zeiss I ever got to use. Midway has a good deal on them I couldn't pass up after looking through one at Bass Pro.