Speedwell-Hunter score

UCStandSitter

Score please
One million
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Volbuck777

Well from my observations and all the deer knowledge I have accumulated over the many years of my hunting career I have tallied up a perfect score. I know that some may think I don't know what I'm talking about but it's plain to see I couldn't be wrong, because I've took in all that is in the picture and got all the measurements of stuff in the background for scale. I'm very detailed with all measurements even to the point that I'd rival anyone on the deer forum to say my score will be the closest. Obviously I have deducted because it is silly not to, net is not just for fish. I score it as……. just kidding I see no picture. But this is how crazy some of these post sound on here when I read this score stuff.

Ski

But this is how crazy some of these post sound on here when I read this score stuff.

Agreed. I'll admit it's fun to guesstimate scores sometimes ..... when somebody asks. But I feel it's inappropriate and maybe even a little rude to armchair score someone's deer from a grip and grin pic, when all they want is a congratulations. But if you must anyway, at least be in the dang ballpark lol

Speedwell-Hunter

Agreed. I'll admit it's fun to guesstimate scores sometimes ..... when somebody asks. But I feel it's inappropriate and maybe even a little rude to armchair score someone's deer from a grip and grin pic, when all they want is a congratulations. But if you must anyway, at least be in the dang ballpark lol
It is a hobby of mine to estimate scores. It is not any any way shape or form rude to give estimated guesses. I respect all fellow hunters. again my reasons for doing it are laid out in my score response to folks' threads, let me re iterate:

• I like to practice so when I am in the field I can estimate on the fly.
  • It is fun to see what folks are shooting and engage with them on the forum.
  • All my scores are based on photos posted to here, thus it may not be accurate. Normal B&C scores are done with a 1/4-inch wide flexible steel tape to the nearest one-eighth of an inch. I do not go to the 1/8 inch. I do whole inches and go off photos and use things in the photos for approximate references!
  • Also, I do gross score and don't do the whole subtract for atypical stuff.

Again, I state it may be inaccurate. It is important to score deer so if hunting somewhere a trophy class must be taken you have the skill to do so. I utilize the forums to master this craft. Some hate is understandable. thanks ski for the discourse.

ttf909

In this case they asked for a guess .

Speedwell-Hunter

Score please
Bobby BUCKAROO,

post a photo or two and I gladly will. As laid out to ski; It is a hobby of mine to estimate scores.

Again, I state it may be inaccurate. It is important to score deer so if hunting somewhere a trophy class must be taken you have the skill to do so. I utilize the forums to master this craft.

-Some hate is understandable.
-some jeering is understandable
-not all folks are capable of estimating scores, it is actually quite difficult, that is why i request feedback, especially if folks get it scored in real life. I've been doing this for over a good year and have honed my skills relatively well.

Again, discourse is welcome. the snide comments and jeering we can hold. I understand we all have insecurities, that is ok. I hope you well.

thanks discourse.

Ski

Some hate is understandable. thanks ski for the discourse.

No hate nor snide comments from me. A little ribbing at the end, but it sure wasn't meant to be offensive.

I completely understand your enjoyment of guessing scores. I enjoy it as well. Been measuring for almost 40yrs. and guessing at least as long. I've learned the hard way that people get funny about antlers. Either they don't want to know all or else they already have a number in their head and get defensive about it when informed of the real number. So I've learned that if somebody doesn't specifically ask, then I can assume they probably don't want to know.

Latest posts