Speculations and advice needed

jetwrnch

I've been running two cell cams on the farm fields for about a month. Pics of bucks, does, coyotes, and turkey multiple times every day. I bush hogged the fields just before setting out the cameras. Saturday I placed a 3rd camera on the ridge top and placed one blind on the edge of each field. Just as I finished setting up the blinds it came a monsoon rain all night. I haven't gotten a single pic of any animal since. The cameras are sending status reports and I got two pics of empty fields, but that's it. So did I spook every species of animal completely day and night or did setting up the 3rd camera cause an issue? Spartan states all good on their end. I put the blinds there every year and the rain should have killed any scent, even though I'm no stranger to the area.

Ski

I wouldn't sweat it. This time of year there are countless weeds maturing and coming to seed. The storm knocked a whole bunch of head high plus weeds and branches down to deer level. I'd guess the deer have simply shifted their feeding habits and areas, and it has little to nothing to do with your camera or stand.

SpurChaser

I have noticed that most times I hang a new camera or check cards, it's radio silence for at least 3 days, sometimes up to a week or 10 days. Could just be patterns, scent left over, or other unknown factors. They always come back though.

kaizen leader

I've been running two cell cams on the farm fields for about a month. Pics of bucks, does, coyotes, and turkey multiple times every day. I bush hogged the fields just before setting out the cameras. Saturday I placed a 3rd camera on the ridge top and placed one blind on the edge of each field. Just as I finished setting up the blinds it came a monsoon rain all night. I haven't gotten a single pic of any animal since. The cameras are sending status reports and I got two pics of empty fields, but that's it. So did I spook every species of animal completely day and night or did setting up the 3rd camera cause an issue? Spartan states all good on their end. I put the blinds there every year and the rain should have killed any scent, even though I'm no stranger to the area.
Don't worry, they are still around. If you put out a trophy rock it'll up your visits.

Latest posts