License Needed for Son

smyrnagc

My 30 year old son wants to start learning about deer hunting. He has his regular Hunting & Fishing license but would he need Big Game or any other license if I took him and he didn't carry any weapon?

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
He can accompany you but as I understand the Law he can't assist you in any way. No dragging ,gutting , calling ect.
Sorry I can't find it in here . My wife has went along with me a few times to Bird watch while I hunt.
https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/twra/documents/guide/TN-Hunting-Guide.pdf
Pretty sure he can't even tote your gun while you're dragging. Maybe SCN will chime in and verify.

Last edited:

Skinnyindian

My 30 year old son wants to start learning about deer hunting. He has his regular Hunting & Fishing license but would he need Big Game or any other license if I took him and he didn't carry any weapon?
To my knowledge he will not need a license if he is not armed. if you are hunting your own land he will not need a license if he decides to go armed.

Lone Hunter

Look in here. This is TWRA Rules and Regulations not someone's opinion, like mine, if he was not hunting I don't think he should have to buy a license. If he was going on a WMA then he might, again, I don't know.. Best to check the rules and Regs. and get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Trapper

Depends on the GW, I've had some say they can but if they see a deer or whatever game your hunting and they tell you that's helping you .

Latest posts