Speaking of no dry storage.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yes I cursed.

FB449A26-BF0A-4D0F-932F-7F4A24D6B464.jpeg

F7394A16-5F60-486A-86F1-9B7561D124ED.jpeg

BigCityBubba

Is it ok to laugh at another's misfortune? I used to have some of those until I realized they expired and never replaced them. I also stayed away from the ones that auto inflate when they get wet for that very reason.

tnanh

I had that happen a few years ago in extremely hot, humid weather with a auto inflate from Bass Pro while it was in the back seat of the truck. Bought the re-arming kit and it did it again. Went with a manual belt style and have really liked it but my wife Bought me one of the HIT style while we were out of town this weekend. Supposedly take several inches of water pressure to deploy it. Will let you know. Also, I read a few months ago that most men who drown while fishing are found with their zippers down.

TRIGGER

I switched to the ones that work off of hydrostatic pressure for this very reason. Got caught in the rain on the water. When I got home I opened everything up to dry, when I came back outside they were inflated. Re armed them and next time it rained the same thing happened.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I switched to the ones that work off of hydrostatic pressure for this very reason. Got caught in the rain on the water. When I got home I opened everything up to dry, when I came back outside they were inflated. Re armed them and next time it rained the same thing happened.
Got a link?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Something else to remember is that most of the inflatable pfds don't "count" as a pfd unless you are wearing them at the time of being checked by the officer.
I read the tag on mine and the way I understood it, it has to be worn on charters.
The way I took it, on my boat it counted just to have it.
Confusing.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
According to this, if the inflatable is used as a Type V then it must be worn to be accepted. Normal usage when fishing would not require this (Type V are designed for special use; the Bass Pro one's linked earlier are Type II):

Inflatable Flotation Devices
There are a wide variety of inflatable life jackets available. To be accepted as one of the required life jackets on board, the device must have a Coast Guard approval stamp on it. If it is approved as a Type V, it must be worn to be accepted. Inflatable devices of any kind are not acceptable for persons less than 16 years old or for personal watercraft operation.

• Type V: Any PFD approved for restricted use. Approved flotation devices which are partially or totally inflatable must be worn to be accepted as a legal device.

Latest posts