Soybeans

BHC

Came across some free seed. Thinking about planting 3.5 acres this Saturday. Aug 6. I know it's late in the growing season.. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chebuck

Depending on the maturity of the beans if it will make beans or not. But if you plant it now it make excellent early season food.

Mike Belt

You for sure won't make any beans planting now. You may have an early season food plot but I'd suggest even later planting. Many times I've seen where a bean field was cut late into the season and those beans spilled on the ground sprouted and made a great late season browsing food plot. I suppose that all depends on what kind of freezing weather you have.

BHC

I think I'm gunna go ahead and get them out and See what they'll do. We have to come back n so some winter grasses in October.

BHC

They are out still got around 300lbs I'm gunna save for next spring. We will see how these do, if we can get some rain..

rem270

Planted 2 plots in July and 1 plot August 13th. They have all produced really well so far with all this rain.

A friend of mine has a hook up with a seed rep and gets free seed every year. It makes it nice.

chebuck

Depends on deer density and other available food sorces. If you plant it early like in mid April to May. It will have a better chance to get ahead of the deer. The does are having fawns when it is coming up and can't travel as far to get to it so it will do better then.

Latest posts