Food Plots Soybeans

Jonnyringo

Disclaimer: These are not Eagle forage soybeans so don't get offended because your read in a magazine they are the best. These are group 5 Croplan R5007s planted April 25, 2013.
Beans at R1 just showing first sign of flowering.
Beans starting to set pods
These beans have taken super heavy browse all spring and summer long. As you can see in the picture with my daughter the deer don't even leave the field when we go look at the plot . These beans have produced a ton of forage and will produce a ton of beans for late season use .

Jonnyringo

The plot is 2 acres exactly it has 14 acres of horse hay around it that will be killed off this fall and planted in a cover crop in preparation for all 16 acres of the ground to be planted in soybeans close to the same variety spring 2014

Jonnyringo

"I got mine in the ground a week ago Sunday and they're already up. This will be my third year of planting the same 2 acre plot in Eagle beans and the Plotsaver system has kept the deer out each year while they reach maturity. I highly recommend it."- Camaro12 - post#3280460 7/02/13 9:17a.m.

I'm glad you like your Eagles Camaro12 ! Note in my field there is no fence ,never was ,no need for it. Also my beans cost a grand total of 53$ a acre. How much does that plot saver cost you ? This wasn't a Eagle seed bash I actually grow some of there group 4 ag beans

jmb4wd

CAMARO12 said:
Jonnyringo said:
"I got mine in the ground a week ago Sunday and they're already up. This will be my third year of planting the same 2 acre plot in Eagle beans and the Plotsaver system has kept the deer out each year while they reach maturity. I highly recommend it."- Camaro12 - post#3280460 7/02/13 9:17a.m.

I'm glad you like your Eagles Camaro12 ! Note in my field there is no fence ,never was ,no need for it. Also my beans cost a grand total of 53$ a acre. How much does that plot saver cost you ? This wasn't a Eagle seed bash I actually grow some of there group 4 ag beans
My initial investment for the Plotsaver materials was around $100, but I'm still using the same ribbon and stakes every year. And a quart of Plotsaver concentrate costs around $40 which lasts one to 2 years. To each his own. Some folks drive Chevys and some folks drive Fords. Opinions dictate that as they do any other choice in life. Good luck with your plantings.

Your ag soysbeans look great. I think what this boils down to is deer density.

I plant eagle beans at my house in Rutherford county and they thrive with no deterrent in a 1/4 acre plot.

Would I to western middle tennessee and plant a 1/4 acre of eagles with out some kind of fence, heck no.

We planted 4 acres at TnDroptines place and not a plant was over 8 inches tall, but still produced a pod and beans. AG bean would have been dead 2 weeks after emerging.

Id love to plant 50 dollar rr ag beans for every member here, but I know better and im not going to flush a guys hard earned cash down the crapper.

The resiliency of the forage bean far out weigh the cost in my humble opinion. But that all translates back to a particular areas deer density and the other quality food sources in the deer home range.

This ad brought to you by Eagle seed, Weiner, Arkansas.

Just kidding. Lol

Jonnyringo

Jmb4wd thanks for your response I have plenty of deer on those beans 24/7 what it actually boils down to is knowing how to grow soybeans ! Innoculants ,variety ,weed management even knowing rates of glyphosate a RR soybean can actually withstand before it gets yellow flash and needs a shot of magnese but I'm sure you know all that . Would you like like to discuss growing soybeans??

jmb4wd

CAMARO12 said:
Mr. Ringo, by now we are all well aware of your prowress as an "expert" in agriculture practices. But this is a forum made up of primarily good ole Tennessee country boys who enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, shooting and occasionally planting a food plot or two in hopes of attracting wild game. So, please forgive us if we don't follow to the letter your examples of how and what to plant. To be quite honest, you come across as a "Know-it-All". But if I'm misinterpreting your intentions, please forgive me. And best of luck with your crops.

Well said Camaro.

My point was not to starting a pi$$ing match and will never be.

You obviously are a farmer and raise beans for a profit.

I raise them for fun and plant some for others for fun and enjoyment of seeing wildlife.

I wouldn't want anyone on here to loose sleep over application rate of Round up.

That booklet on the side of the jug tells you how much you can use in a growing season.

As far as discussing soybeans with you, I think I'll pass.

Back quiet.

Jonnyringo

Camaro12 I believe you have taken my intention the wrong way i simply put my opinion on someone's post . Know it all ? Not even close ! I like to educate people that's why my daughter scouts fields with me everyday . I think I can offer people advice on growing great food plots with regular agriculture products , not stuff that has a big buck on the bag. If I come across rude or know it all its probably my typing grammar punctuation etc. No different than your Eagle forage soybean have you ever gotten them to there actual height of 84 inches if its the large lad ? Like on my last question to jmb4wd I asked if he would like to discuss growing soybeans ? That was a inviting question so maybe other readers could learn something from his or my knowledge .

diamond hunter

Johnnyringo,when you imply in your post that you have just got to know how to grow soybeans,that implies that others dont have success with their methods.This isnt a competition to see whose plot looks the best,its simply an educational site to discuss deer hunting.Your specific pictures look fantastic,awesome,beautiful.My plot is full of horse weeds and eagle beans.Both plots will do the same,provide a place to view and possibly shoot something.Have a great season.

Jonnyringo

Thanks DH not implying others methods don't work . Sorry about the marestail in your plot . Do you have a sprayer backpack or atv ?

SALTMAN

Well in my eagles you could not spot the little girl and only part of neck and head on the other dear in the background. We tried electric fence for the first time this year ! On one plot . Last week we just enclosed another bigger one, beans only getting about a foot high due to heavy browsing, or is it grazing ? I'm sure no expert on beans , just like to see some that work and these eagles are it !

Jonnyringo

Sounds good saltman ! once again this was not a eagle seed bash I grow some group 4 eagles . Do you innoculate your beans at planting ? It's pretty cheap and simple and can drastically change your whole plant structure . I like the ams strains of rhizobia.
Note the huge nodules on the roots of this plant

Latest posts