Somerville. Fayette county

jcooper81

Anyone seeing anything in Fayette county. Been hunting hard past two days and haven't only seen one lonely fawn. This was yesterday morning at daylight. Anyone

Thirty-06

I killed nice 8 this morning and his he was defiantly in rut he was rubbing tree making scrape when I shot him. Never seen him in daylight until this morning I would say the big boys are starting to get on the feet. I hunt in whiteville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W.Seay

I hunt in somerville and have for the last 15 years. This week and next week are always the best for killing a mature buck. It's always slow opening weekend for our farm, but in a couple days the action will be wide open as long as the weather cooperates.

jcooper81

Hopefully it picks up the next couple days. I only get to hunt till Friday then it's back to work for the rest of the season. Only get to hunt a week out of the year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DaveB

I hunted opening morning little bit west of Macon. No chasing. Found a fair sized rub (actually it was huge) quite a few smaller ones, and scrapes just about anyplace had a licking branch overhead.

Too much wind. I bumped a total of 3 bucks but zero chance for a shot.

easy45

Next couple of weeks should be good, I just saw the first chasing I've seen yesterday in Lagrange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl

DaveB":3w2p6md9 said:
I hunted opening morning little bit west of Macon. No chasing. Found a fair sized rub (actually it was huge) quite a few smaller ones, and scrapes just about anyplace had a licking branch overhead.

Too much wind. I bumped a total of 3 bucks but zero chance for a shot.
That's close to where I live. Really wish I could hunt the area. Did finally see the action the backyard pick up a little this weekend. Saw one good eight cruisin, but not chasing. Usually first week of Dec is the best.

usanglure

I saw 30 deer Thursday and Saturday.... bucks following does, and other does moving out because of the bucks and occassional Hot doe... A few Killed on Spring Creek Hunt Club............

jcooper81

Finally seen a decent buck his morning at 0700 but couldn't get a shot through the thicket. I transitioned from hunting fields not seeing deer to a little funnel between two fields with scrapes and rubs. Hopefully can get a shot at the buck tonight. Was no monster but a shooter in a books

TJS209

Had an incredible hunt Saturday morning and a good hunt Sunday morning in Hardeman county. Combined total of probably 30 deer with 11 bucks on Saturday morning. It's that time of year no matter what you're seeing or think you'll see if you have a chance to hunt you better go.

jcooper81

Just seen a little buck cruising the wood line by a field. This was at 1:20. Kinda surprised me with the wind blowing like it is but anything can happen this time of year

Yeppers

Hunted Whiteville Sat and Sun...saw deer both days in morning and nights...jumped a buck and a doe together yesterday about 2pm on the way to the stand, but saw nothing that evening and have seen nothing all day today...windy and warm...think I'll leave deer camp and go home...these next few days the weather just ain't gonna be right...

jcooper81

I'm sitting a funnel between two fields. One has beans in it the other side has already been harvested. Only have tonight and tomorrow left here hoping something strolls through. But I think your right it's too warm but can't shoot them from the couch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

spoon

A buddy just texted me they have busted loose. He missed a giant and his brother killed
A big one @ 3 today chasing does

Monday I saw a big 6 chasing a doe right on her azz

Latest posts