So, if LSU loses?

PalsPal

Honestly, with Hooker out, I'm fine not making the playoffs because I don't think we'd have a shot.

The bowl game will be tough, because there's no idea who will opt out. And I would have no ill will to anyone who decided not to play.

Spurhunter

Honestly, with Hooker out, I'm fine not making the playoffs because I don't think we'd have a shot.
Not only Hooker. Yesterday Cedric Tillman, starting safety Trevon Flowers, and starting defensive backs Brandon Turnage and Doneiko Slaughter were out. That secondary is bad enough with all the starters playing. I don't know how long they'll be out though. It's been a great year and a fun ride. They overachieved, finally beat the Updykes, will go to a great bowl game, had the national spotlight on the program for weeks which will help recruiting, and on and on. They need to get healthy and take care of business in the bowl game. The future is bright on Rocky Top.

deerfever

This will be simple if all goes as planned in the championship games. I think Georgia and Michigan will stay in the top 4 even if they lose . They would still be 1 loss teams that deserve to go, . If TCU and USC win they are in, the problem is who will go if one of the two lose. I was watching last night and looks like that's either going to be Bama or Ohio state. Ohio State got throttled at home against the only good team they have played all season. Herbstreet as bad as it pains me to say pointed out that Bama should go to 5(his opinion), his logic the two games they lost were on the last play of the game on the road at two of the toughest places to play in the country against good teams. It comes to this who would you rather see if USC or TCU go down, Ohio State or Bama( more than likely that's the options)? I hope all 4 teams win their conference championship so we don't even have to answer that question! I dread seeing who they put in if one of them goes down, I would bet on the Ohio State University . I will be a horned frog and Trojan fan for a day next weekend! Lol

Spurhunter

I dread seeing who they put in if one of them goes down, I would bet on the Ohio State University . I will be a horned frog and Trojan fan for a day next weekend! Lol
I agree with everything you said, but a one loss OSU should easily trump a two loss alabama. At least OSU beat Notre Dame and Penn State. What quality wins does alabama have? Mississippi State? Ole Miss? That's laughable.

deerfever

I agree with everything you said, but a one loss OSU should easily trump a two loss alabama. At least OSU beat Notre Dame and Penn State. What quality wins does alabama have? Mississippi State? Ole Miss? That's laughable.
Yep! I don't know who they would put in , I don't want to know either. Just let the horned frogs and Trojans win! You never know what logic that committee will use.

prstide

As well they should.
Don't disagree but I can see scenarios play out where the committee will be split. The same could be said about "who has Ohio State beaten?" In a conference with far weaker competition across the board.

I really think Bryce Young is still hurt and needs surgery to repair a tear in his shoulder. Alabama doesn't have it together to win it all this year IMO.

Spurhunter

Don't disagree but I can see scenarios play out where the committee will be split. The same could be said about "who has Ohio State beaten?" In a conference with far weaker competition across the board.
OSU hasn't really beaten anybody except 8-4 Notre Dame who isn't very impressive, and 10-2 Penn State that won the 10 games they were supposed to against mediocre competition and lost both big games they played in. That's why I think 1 loss vs. 2 losses is the deciding factor. Neither alabama or OSU has a big quality win to set them apart.

Spurhunter

Alabama will probably be the first looser at #5, Tennessee will probably be about 5 places lower at around #10.
Screenshot_20221126-203129_DuckDuckGo.jpg

prstide

OSU hasn't really beaten anybody except 8-4 Notre Dame who isn't very impressive, and 10-2 Penn State that won the 10 games they were supposed to against mediocre competition and lost both big games they played in. That's why I think 1 loss vs. 2 losses is the deciding factor. Neither alabama or OSU has a big quality win to set them apart.
That's my line of thinking as well. Could come down to a strength of schedule or a "game control" factor to tip the scales one way or the other. Although that would likely still leave the committee split. It's been a really jacked up year all the way around.
A lot of parity likely due to the transfer portal and NIL rules, finding out @Mescalero was trans, and that @Trey13 wears daisy duke jorts to grocery shop on the reg…..I'm really ready for it to be over at this point.

Trey13

That's my line of thinking as well. Could come down to a strength of schedule or a "game control" factor to tip the scales one way or the other. Although that would likely still leave the committee split. It's been a really jacked up year all the way around.
A lot of parity likely due to the transfer portal and NIL rules, finding out @Mescalero was trans, and that @Trey13 wears daisy duke jorts to grocery shop on the reg…..I'm really ready for it to be over at this point.
What did you and @PillsburyDoughboy talk about while snuggling that great win last night? What you two could do for Nicky to keep him around for a few more years. 😂

Latest posts