So I caught my first thing.....

Atchman2

Last night one of my quarry was found dead in the middle of the road. I'm guessing it was one of the three that has been raiding my backyard. I'd set two more traps along the game trail down there and through some old pizza out as attractants. At about 8 last night I went down because I had forgotten to put the cards back in my cameras. Sure enough all the pizza was gone, there was some tracks, but something had came through there. It didn't matter I had put some lure down in holes where if they sniffed the lure they would get caught (in theory).

I didn't hear or see any coyotes last night except the one dead in the road. On Sunday one came out in the daytime! I couldn't get my .22 to fire and my dog barked at him so he got away. That just hacked me off that much more. You see I live in at subdivision in the county. The drainage for the entire subdivision comes through my backyard so all the critters do as well.

Anyway, I had what I figured was a can't lose spot along this trail. The trail narrowed between a couple of old downed trees and was well used. I put a trap there and concealed it well. I placed some lure up under this rock that was there already. No way did I think I wouldn't catch something. The first couple days there were prints but no catches. Until today.

I was going into the bathroom when something caught my eye. There was some golden fur moving behind the downed tree! I was so excited I grabbed the .22 and went out the door. For a moment I thought about shooting it from the house, but then thought better. It was a good thing I did. You know those neighborhood I lost my dog signs? Well I found it. It was caught in my trap! I let him loose. He just a little bit of blood on one of his toenails, but you could tell he was cold and in shock. I picked him up in a blanket and then called the lost dog number and carried him home. He seemed okay and his owner was grateful. I'm sorry I caught their dog, but he was in my yard. He wasn't harmed overly much and really perked up when I took him home.

Jmed

Ive got coyotes around my house. I found where a pile of them had been slipping through a privet hedge behind the house. I rigged me up a couple snares. 2 days later, there was a big red pit bull (the neighbors) in one of my snares. he was mean as hell and strong, but with the help of a catch stick and some cutters, I was able to free him. Ended up being some neighbors down the street. The owners told a buddy of mine they were pissed and new it was me and were going to take action against me. I told my buddy to let them know that A, I was completely legal, and B, be thankful I didn't do the first thing that came to mind when a pit bull with no collar that was not nice was in my trap. But I leaned my lesson and I wont trap around my house. Its amazing to me that domestic dogs and cats will sit still and not choke themselves out but a coyote will run that snare down so tight, I usually have to cut the lock out of their hide. lesson learned

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
My dad likes cats..he gets a couple of cats and the coyotes like to eat the cats. Long story short....he sets out traps...1/2 dozen of them. He sets out snares, 12 of them. All of this is on his 5 acres in his subdivision.

He has his trail cameras going off every night with a coyote in them with nothing in his traps or snares. Mind you...he is clueless on trapping and asks me all the time on how to do something. I ain't much help at all :lol:

So one morning he calls about 6:45 in the morning and carrying on like a kid on Christmas morning. He has caught a coyote in one of his snares. "What do I do now?" Me- is it dead? Him-I dunno...

:roll:

So I go over to see what in the heyall he has got himself into. Luckily, Wiley is DOA. I didn't want to have to bust a cap before 7 in the morning.

48lbs

2 days later...

His other cat got eaten :rotf:

Atchman2

Re: Didn't see any deer but....(Video)

I did catch a raccoon. He is in my freezer now. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk