So I bought a boat.......

leeinmemphis

Well long story short I went in asking about ordering a boat and ended up getting one they had in stock. Over the last 10 or so years I've been pretty active in riding motorcycles but a rough knee replacement and some lifestyle changes have ended my mc days. I was looking for something to do with the family and decided getting into fishing would give us the time together we wanted. From what I've read and been told apparently boat dealers have had a spectacular year selling boats and are only selling what little selection there is on the floor and everything else is made to order. I asked about ordering one for Christmas delivery and was told it would be at least March until I could expect to get one. So they had a boat pretty close to what I wanted in stock and it was the last one that they would have until spring time. It's an '18 Tracker Grizzly (just wish it was camo lol) . I would have probably opted for a 75hp or 90hp engine opposed to the 60hp that was on it but otherwise it's the way I would have ordered it.

I'm sure that I'm going to have some questions regarding outfitting it in the coming months. We are heading to Pickwick this weekend for it's maiden voyage......and hopefully catch a couple of fish. :)

I'm also looking at possibly adding a power pole over the winter. Also does anyone have any experience using those mylar stencil camo kits????? I'm thinking about maybe trying to do the camo kit myself......or I may just leave it alone (I'ld probably screw it up anyway :D )

Safari Hunt

Good looking boat. The 60 will work fine unless you are into racing. Good fishing!
I had an Alumacraft that had a 25 on it. Sipped gas, could go all day on 6 gallons. BTW,saw an outboard ad and one was a 325! I've had cars that didn't have that much HP.

Latest posts