so Florida fans...

darn2ten

Gravey, to answer your question. I think some of the names are unrealistic and won't ever happen. I think they should look hard at some of the guys that have done alot with less. In no paticular order, because I think they're all worth considering would be:

Art Briles
Gary Patterson
Doc Holliday

and maybe Mike Gundy, though I really don't know if I'm sold on that one. Of course there are a few more out there that would probably work well too. Some of these names I here are just pretty funny to me. As sad as it is the Gruden rumors are heating up, and some people are serious about it. That's one I'll never understand anyway. Gruden might be a good recruiter, but how does anybody even know that? He's never been a college HBC. He won a SB with a team he inherited from Tony Dungy and went down hill after that and was fired 6 years later. His over all record is about .500 and he hasn't coached in about five years. So please tell me why his name always comes up when a opening at a big school opens up? I'll never get that attraction.

Tennessee Todd

TeamMainStreet said:
Now what would be funny is if Muschamp coaches this team to win the last two games. Probably wont happen but it would be funny. Would they call off the resignation?

The resignation won't change, but college football is a very funny game. I wouldn't bet my house on it, but my gut tells me the Gators beat FSU. When players rally around a coach, especially the last game of the year and career, it's on......

mjac

Central west coast of Florida, but hunt SE Tn.
TeamMainStreet said:
Now what would be funny is if Muschamp coaches this team to win the last two games. Probably wont happen but it would be funny. Would they call off the resignation?

When they let Ron Zook go, they went up to Tallahassee and whipped a ranked FSU team in his last UF game.
You can bet Jimbo will remind his team about lame duck coaches.

Wrangler95

Charlie Weiss would be a good one,I pray they get one as good as Mushchamp.I saw yesterday that four coaches had removed their name from consideration,lol

G8rntn

Wrangler95 said:
Charlie Weiss would be a good one,I pray they get one as good as Mushchamp.I saw yesterday that four coaches had removed their name from consideration,lol

Do you really think a coach would come out and say they are interested when their team is still playing and going to a bowl game?? Are you notany smarter than that? Probably not... But that is how things happen during searches. Tn fans should know this by now.

Twinshooter

G8rntn said:
Wrangler95 said:

Do you really think a coach would come out and say they are interested when their team is still playing and going to a bowl game?? Are you notany smarter than that? Probably not... But that is how things happen during searches. Tn fans should know this by now.

I see that some things never change, or learn from previous "Foot in Mouth" disease. :whistle:

Hangnail

The last thing Florida needs is a coach that has no clue about defense. Briles doesn't have a clue what a defense is, leaving me wondering if he is capable of hiring a DC and letting him do his job. Patterson isn't leaving TCU. If Gundy wouldn't go to Texas, I doubt he'll go to Florida. I don't know who they'll hire, but he better have an idea about defense or it'll be a short stay.

darn2ten

I don't think there'd be a problem on defense with Briles with a good DC and staff at UF. To me a lot of that is relative to where your working at and what your working with. You may be right about Patterson, he's been there forever. As far a Gundy who knows. It's all just speculation anyway. No coach is going to come out now and say yeah I'm interested in the FL job while his team is still finishing out the year, they will all deny it. Just ask Saban, denied and denied he was leaving Miami, jumped on a plane and landed in Alabama!

G8rntn

darn2ten said:
I don't think there'd be a problem on defense with Briles with a good DC and staff at UF. To me a lot of that is relative to where your working at and what your working with. You may be right about Patterson, he's been there forever. As far a Gundy who knows. It's all just speculation anyway. No coach is going to come out now and say yeah I'm interested in the FL job while his team is still finishing out the year, they will all deny it. Just ask Saban, denied and denied he was leaving Miami, jumped on a plane and landed in Alabama!

I said the same thing... They get it they just don't want to admit it.

Gravey

Hangnail said:
The last thing Florida needs is a coach that has no clue about defense. Briles doesn't have a clue what a defense is, leaving me wondering if he is capable of hiring a DC and letting him do his job. Patterson isn't leaving TCU. If Gundy wouldn't go to Texas, I doubt he'll go to Florida. I don't know who they'll hire, but he better have an idea about defense or it'll be a short stay.
On 104.5 the zone they said that Jeremy Foley said he's looking for an offensive minded coach.

Latest posts