Slow mz hunting

74MOPAR

Slowest couple weekends I can remember in years, northern sumner county. Didn't see any chasing last weekend at all. Took off this Friday to hunt - hunted about 8 hours and saw quite a few does and fawns acting normal. Saw one spike and 7 pt just cruising. Same story Saturday. Usually this is prime time in my area.‍Did find quite a few new rubs and scrapes.

Last edited:

Bone Collector

It's been hot for the most part. Last night I went and it wasn't too bad. Saw small bucks pestering a doe and had a spike literally run a circle around my ladder stand.

I went yesterday morning as well. I had my target buck in front of the stand I was in yesterday afternoon at 6:50. I unfortunately was down 2-300 yds away in another stand. :( they are on their feet.

Was at LBL Friday. They were wide open up there. My brother killed a under performing 10 pt. Saw it pushing a doe and got excited. It had some ground shrinkage, but he hasn't killed many nice bucks. They aged the deer at 3.5 years old. I saw chasing but nothing I wanted to shoot. He had to leave Friday and the drag of his deer told me that I needed to go too, as I didn't think I had it in me to get a big one out alone.

Latest posts