Simmons spotting scope?

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
Anyone know anything about these? I know you get what you pay for, but I cannot afford to spend much and they are at Walley World for $60.00 I just need something to use at the range for 100-200 yards. I would appreciate any comment if you know anything about this product.

rdl65

Not the best in the world but should be fine for the range. You dont need to spend a lot of money just to be able to see holes in paper.

Tiny

We have 2 of them and like them.

Mine is a newer Meade made Master Series 15-45x with case and tripod.I looked at the Leupold Wind River when I got mine but a lady bet me to the last one during GOB sale,there isn't that much difference in them to me.
My uncle has an older ATK made Simmons, both do all we ask them to.

I also have one of the Burris 20x compact Landmarks that came in a scope deal,I mention that as I still see the package deals from Burris from time to time,if you need a scope.

BTW Bushnell now owns the Simmons Brand.

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
After reading these replies I went out to Wal-mart and bought the last one they had on hand. It was too rainy to go to the range but I did set it up on my back poarch and tried out the spotting scope. I have to say that I am very pleased. I was looking across my neighbors field and spotted a deer just inside the treeline over 500 yards away. The scope is very clear so I belive it will work find for me when sighting in rifles at the range.

LCU

Good decision.
I have a Leupold Wind River, with hard case,neoprene cover, tripod, etc.
Very impressive.

Problem is, it's not a good scope IMO.
Im dissapointed with mine, and i'm a Leupold fan.

The name and looks got me.