Sight pin

tnanh

Does anyone else have a hard time seeing your sight pin when hunting from a ground blind. I have a single pin hha with a green pin and when shooting from a dark area to a bright area it is difficult to see the pin even with the pin light on. Would a red pin help? Just wondering because I am getting older and really dont want to switch to a crossbow with scope yet.

monjorrow

I have not had the issue...yet. Maybe try a larger pin? or a higher end/brighter pin light? How big is your peep? maybe a bigger peep also to let some more light in.

monjorrow

Or maybe try one of these sights. I'd like to get one to try out myself but haven't been able to pull myself away from my 5 pin just yet.
eac54ea7-a143-4217-907f-cb398d2b9023

Frayser

I have the HHA single pin slider. Had the same problem seeing pin when hunting from a blind. I got the HHA blue burst light for it and it works like a champ!

tnanh

I have the blue burst and like it a lot. I see the pin fine in dim light from a deer stand. The problem is strange. Its when I am sitting in dim light shooting into bright light I have trouble seeing my pin. I have a larger peep sight also. I was thinking maybe a red pin may help but I have no idea. Appreciate all the suggestions.

tnanh

monjorrow":3n789k7o said:
Or maybe try one of these sights. I'd like to get one to try out myself but haven't been able to pull myself away from my 5 pin just yet.
eac54ea7-a143-4217-907f-cb398d2b9023

What kind of sight is this? Brand, model?

monjorrow

I have not used one no. But would like to try one soon, probably after January when I'm doing bow hunting. All the reviews I have read online from people who have actually used them say they are great.

david k.

gobblesandgrunts":2z1b3djy said:
I love my Hha kingpin, bright in dim light too

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Kingpin is an awesome sight...no way you'll find a brighter pin....I bought a used Kingpin and a used Tommy Hogg on Archery Talk in the early summer and then set them both up and sighted them both in on my bow. I loved everything about the Kingpin but decided to go with the Tommy Hogg this year for 2 reasons...one was the weight, it made my bow really tip forward and more difficult to hold steady...which I could have resolved easily with a back bar but I didn't want to go that route for hunting...and the other reason was because I simply messed up and bought the XL version and the aperture was just too big for my peep...I just couldn't center it up easily and didn't want to go to a 1/4" peep.

I'm going to shoot the Spot Hogg this year but I'm already watching AT for a very clean used Kingpin and I'll buy another one with the smaller aperture down the road. I think that sight on a lighter carbon bow (maybe like an old Hoyt Carbon Sypder) would be awesome!

Latest posts