Sig whiskey 3

Union Co. Boy

I have two mounted, but not on a .300 win mag. I've had no complaints so far. Clear, good eye relief, haven't fogged, and have held zero. Mounted on .270 and .350 Legend.

Chippy

I have two mounted, but not on a .300 win mag. I've had no complaints so far. Clear, good eye relief, haven't fogged, and have held zero. Mounted on .270 and .350 Legend.
That's good to hear I was wondering about the eye relief as well! Don't want that 300 to put it in my eye socket! My local dealer has a few of these and I thought I'd see what they were about!

Union Co. Boy

I only have one season of experience with them, but I've been pleased so far. My son likes the eye relief. He says he won't get scoped. He's 7 and has heard my buddies and I talk about it. 😁. If you get one, I hope it serves you well!

REN

have had one mounted a few years. Overall its a good scope for the cost. Cons are it doesnt have a great eye box on it and its easy to get it out of full picture moving your head and has a black ring around the view which some dont care for.

Pros are it holds zero, is pretty clear and it doesnt cost $1000 :)

Chippy

have had one mounted a few years. Overall its a good scope for the cost. Cons are it doesnt have a great eye box on it and its easy to get it out of full picture moving your head and has a black ring around the view which some dont care for.

Pros are it holds zero, is pretty clear and it doesnt cost $1000 :)
That's a pretty good pro lol

PillsburyDoughboy

Late to the party I Know. I just got through comparing one of these to a couple of other models in the general price class.

The three I was asked to review were the BURRIS Fullfield II , Vortex Crossfire II and the Sig Whisky 3. All 3 were 3x9x40 All were Round the same price point for argument sake.

I did standard tracking test on all 3 models and box testing and all 3 passed with flying colors. The Sig Elevation started feeling spongy after messing with it a bit like it was not moving as freely as it should but continued to track. May have just been a lemon. IDK.

Low light and clarity was where the rubber met the road with the three models. The Vortex was by far the worse of the three in terms clarity and trying to make out shapes at dusk. It was terrible and something I would not even consider.

The Sig was a definite step up. It's clarity was a sharp step up. It did fairly well in low light considering the price point. I would say it's major draw back was when you cranked up the power you were looking through a big black circle around the outside edges. . Alot of your field of view was compromised.

The Burris was the hands down winner. Clarity for the price point was clear and it did well.in low light. Field of view did not shrink when power got cranked up like the Sig.

The Burris just had a better look and overall better feel to it. Seemed like a rock solid optic that you could depend on. While I usually invest in higher end optics I would not be afraid to mount one of these and take it to the field.tommorrow. It would ve a great companion scope for a entry level factory rifle.

PillsburyDoughboy

Anybody ever mounted one of these on a 300 win mag?? How's the quality?
Something you.might want to check on the specs is the eye relief. I noticed you said ur going to mount on a 300 Win Mag. While the Sig Whisky states it has a 3.6 Eye relief which is a little more generous than the Burris I don't think your going to find it that way in the real world. The field.of view seems like you are looking through a black hole so it's like you have to be right up.on it to see through it.

Hope that helps.