CZ 457 with Leupold 3-9x40 Rimfire

Tenntrapper

Major breakthrough today after work.

The short version is my dumb ass didn't realize until today that my rings were made to fit directly onto both 3/8" & 11mm dovetails. They come from factory preset for 3/8". The CZ has an 11mm dovetail.

I had watched videos & read online before I ever put them on & that was never mentioned or I didn't register it.
but I found the right video today that showed how to flip one side of the base to make it fit properly onto an 11mm.

Prior to that I had done most everything you all mentioned. Checked it from 50, checked the action screws that hold the barrel, tried another 1" scope, rec entered the zero on the scope. I even changed the barrel out to try the original scope with the .17 hmr. For some reason I decided to go back to the internet before I shot it again & learned what I had done wrong. Pulled the mount off and remounted with the correct setting & headed out with the .17. The difference was unbelievable. I still need to go get a good shooting bench to really dial it in but I got it around 1-2" from 35-50 yards shooting basically off hand.

Side note I love shooting the .17. Looking into its ballistics and drops and what not it seems like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm ready to find some bushy tails.

Thank you all for the feedback and expertise.
17 hmr is pretty harsh on tree rats... better keep your shots in the head... 😂